Hi I am 29 years old and 3 years ago I had extreme pain in my right side under my breast. Worse than that I had a pain that radiated from my belly button area up into my chest this caused me to have trouble breathing and I was sweating to the point of water dripping of me the pain was slightly relieved by pressing down just below my breast bone.
At the time I tried indegestion remedies and pain killers but it had not affect I went to see my doctor who sent me to hospital I had blood tests and was told my liver enzymes were raised I then had an ultra sound and told I need to have my gallbladder removed and I was put on the waiting list.

Since then I have not had to many problems I control it through low fat diet but occasionally when I do eat a fatty meal I take buscopan before I eat this seems to help.

Now when I do get an attack I don't get much pain in my side just a slight ache that is very tender to touch the worst pain is the pain that rises up from my stomache I feel I need to have a bowel movement but cant instead I just sit there sweating and unable to breathe properly I then go back to bed but have to sit upright for a couple of hours holding my chest.

The day after this attack I sometimes get diarrhea and/or constipation with painful stomach cramps.

In the last few months I have put on some weight and have become very tired all the time to the point that I sometimes feel to weak to get out of bed my doctor has put me on anti depressents and said I may have a grumbling gallbladder.

I am sorry about the long message but I need to know if anyone else suffers this and if you think it is a gallbladder problem.

I am waiting to have my gallbladder out in december but have had no further tests in the past three years other than a recent blood test that showed slight raised liver profile.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 21st, 2005
It certainly sounds as though all your symptoms are gb related. Stick to a very low fat diet & that should help.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....