Ok..I am almost 100% positive that I am pregnant...Can someone give me some advice on how to tell my mom??? Im scared and I dont know where to even start!!! Please please!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 18th, 2005
Experienced User
Take a test and find out for sure if you are. If then, just tell her you need to talk and it will fall into place. Good luck
|

replied October 19th, 2005
I am 17...
|

Your mom will understand just sit her down and tell her that you are pregant. It will be really hard but your mom loves you and she will understand. Believe me.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I was in the same boat less then 5 months ago. I am 17 and 5 months pregnant. I was totally freaked out at how to tell my mom, but let me tell you I am sooooo happy I did it. I was at the point of being sick all day (i told her the night I found out) I thought she would hate me and kick me out. She was upset and really dissapointed, but she got over it. I am sure she will forever be a little bit dissapointed, but I don't think anyone loves this baby more then she does. We just went to my second ultrasound yesterday it was so cool, she is very excited. But I couldn't imagine not telling my mom now, and we've learned to get along better because of this, and i've learned to respect my mom a lot more then I used to. How I told my mom was I wrote her a letter, which she said was cowardly, lol which is true, I think she would have liked it better if I told her to her face, but I was really scared. I thought she was going to freak out. Writing the letter gave her a few mins to get over the shock and get her barings and deal with it too.

Good luck!

P.S. Nothing is better then getting to see your baby!

Kimmie
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Depends....
I was older than you when I fell pregnant with my daughter (23), but it was still heavy going telling my parents.

I didn't live at home- I had just moved in with my partner (baby's dad) 2 weeks before I found out- luckily, mum and dad had actually met him, and thought he was nice.
I ended up telling my mum over the phone- which probably seems like not the best way, but it worked for me for a few reasons-
i had already decided I was going to have the baby, and I was determined to be positive about it, even though it was completely unexpected and unplanned, I thought if I told my mum in a way where she had the space to react to the news in whatever way she was going to, she could be free to do so without worrying about how it would make me feel. She cvould then tell my dad, and they could work through their reaction together, and get their heads around the information calmly and in their own time.
It's a big piece of news, you have to allow it to be absorbed before you can even begin to think clearly about it.
After a few days, mum called back to say she'd absorbed it, she had come to terms with the fact that this was the news of her first grandchild being on it's way, and although it was a bit sooner than expected, it was still the same news, and she wasn't going to waste a moment of it wishing it wasn't happening. She never wanted to look at her grandchild and know that she ever thought for a second that she didn't want her(or him) to be here. She said dad was still absorbing the news, and she was giving him space to do so.
My dad called a day later to say congratulations.

My daughter is now more than 2 and a half. I am 37 weeks pregnant with her little sister, and married to their father. We have moved around the corner from my parents, who couldn't be happier with my husband and family, and don't know how they'd ever cope with things being any other way. They are obsesed with their little grandaughter. This time 'round, I broke the news in person to my mum, and she cried with joy.

If you are going to keep the baby, I recommend providing your mum with the information- bare facts, and what you are planning to do. Then give her space to deal with it.
Even if you have to write her a note, and slip away for a couple of days. You don't want to have a big emoptional argument about it, and if your mum has some time to go through her reactions and emotions, without you reacting to her reaction, hopefully, it will be a calmer scene.
Best iof luck with everything.
|

Experienced User
Telling Mommy
If you are close with your mom, make it like a heart to heart. I mean wherever you two usually talk about stuff like this.. I mean not this big but like, "oh I think so-and-so is cute..." kind of stuff. My sister told my mom while (mom) was showering for work and my sister came in to use the bathroom. How romantic is that? But then again, now we have other problems. (not with the telling, but with my sister being psycho and such.)

most people I know who had to break the big news to their parents, just did it and their parents were sad, some even cried or freaked out. But when the babies came, they were the sweetest, happiest grandparents ever!
|

User Profile
replied October 20th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Have a Game Plan
You know your momma better than anyone but I think if I had news like that at a younger age I might try to sorta plan out what you are gonna say ahead of time. Try to have some answers for her possible concerns.
She may be concerned with things like, planning to finish highscool-yes- hopefully and how. If you plan to marry or be a single mom, etc.
And also if you think its too hard to tell her, I think writing a letter is a good idea, because you can get out everything you want to say without being interupted, and it may give her a chance to let it sink in.
Hopefully she will be understanding. You said you want the baby, dont let her talk you out of it if thats what you want.
Good luck, I hope to hear how it turns out!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...