I don't know if y'all could help me out or if this question even belongs in this forum but ....

My boyfriend and I get along alright. We have amazing sex - no holds bar. But, if he asks me to dance or sing in front of him, I freeze up. We've been together for over 4 years and I can't make myself dance, sing or do something really stupid or goofy in front of him.

I feel this is one of the downfalls in our relationship and I guess my question is ..... What can I do to make myself open up to him and feel more comfortable dancing/singing in front of him?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 19th, 2005
Experienced User
I think he need to make extra effort to make you feel more relax, because sounds like you are a bit shy or something...

And also I can imagine that you always think a lot if he will like your dance or not, but you have to know that he is the same always thinking if you will like what things he is doing, so just be yourself and if you want to dance just dance, if the guy loves you he will love everything in you and everything you do , this is the rule of thumb

thanks
|

Experienced User
Thank you so much samy. I know I need to boost my self-esteem a little bit. I will try to be myself and relax a little bit and maybe things will change for the better.

But, it's like everytime I dance in front of him, he points out the things that i'm doing wrong instead of enjoying what I do. I think that plays a big part in it, also.

I just wish I could forget about what he thinks and just do my own thing ... But everytime I try, my body just freezes up or I sing really low-tune. It's like I can't just have fun and be goofy around him! (sigh) thank you again, samy :-) I appreciate your response.
|

overlyworried wrote:

but, it's like everytime I dance in front of him, he points out the things that i'm doing wrong instead of enjoying what I do. I think that plays a big part in it, also.

i think you just answered your own question as to why you can't do dance in front of him. That would make anyone not want to do it!
|

overlyworried wrote:

but, it's like everytime I dance in front of him, he points out the things that i'm doing wrong instead of enjoying what I do. I think that plays a big part in it, also.

i think you just answered your own question as to why you can't do dance in front of him. That would make anyone not want to do it!
|

Experienced User
Yes, I know that is probably the majority of why I can't dance in front of him. I just don't know how to boost my self-esteem. I think about it all the time because I know that i'm a wonderful person ... I think I look alright. I don't feel like I have a reason to be so self-conscious of myself but I just can't seem to break it.

It's like I just want to say &%*! It and do whatever makes me happy, but when i'm in front of him, I freeze up! And it's only singing and dancing ... Nothing else.

I've had the same problem in other relationships that i've been in. I know it makes me sound stupid ... I just don't know how to boost my self-confidence?!
|
Tags: sex
Quick Reply