Yikes. There is an eating disorder conference being run by the treatment centre I attend this friday, and is naturally, in my locality. I am going along to it. It is so scary though. I made a collage for it on sunday (my first one ever), and some of my photos are being portrayed on a slide show, and made a collage of sorts (more like a big poster though) of some of my photos for it last night. It is so scary, because of the fact, that in essence, I am putting myself out there. My ed is one aspect of myself that I have kept pretty much to myself over the years - so it really feels as if i'm putting myself out there - despite the fact that no one will necessarily know that they are mine. It's strange though. I do want to participate and contribute on some level, and am finding it challenging - most likely due to the secretive nature of ed's, especially in light of the fact that I always managed to keep it from my family. I also know that this is an important step for me to take, especially if I want to work in the ed field - my dream for the past number of years (and still is) is to some day work in the clinic I currently attend - hence, if I can things sorted with the accreditation organisation, I can start to cut down on my sessions.

Sorry for venting...
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....