How early do you normally feel the baby start to move? Over the past week or two i've felt the baby move several times, and it seems to be getting more frequent as time goes. However, according to my lmp, I am only 7 weeks. I've been thinking I am further along though because I am already showing and the baby moving. What do you think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 4th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
Im only 12 weeks and I still cant feel my baby move, I thought I did a few weeks ago, but my cousin (who has a few children)said that its just gas bubbles...I know, I was like I feel the baby!! She was like no hun, its just gas...A baby is wayy too small to be felt at 7 weeks...It'll come eventually
jordan
|

replied December 5th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Lol i'm in the same situation jordan, i'm going on 18 weeks and i'm just starting to feel flutters now, although i'm really not sure if it is the baby or just gas. The doc told me not to expect any noticable movement until about 20 weeks. I get impatient, i'd love to feel something now.

Suzy
|

replied December 5th, 2003
I'm pretty positive these aren't gas bubbles I feel, but I suppose anything is possible. I've been thinking I was further along than 7 weeks, but my first appointment isn't until december 29, so I guess i'll just have to wait until then to find out for sure. I have 2 kids already, but it's like I can't remember a single thing from either pregnancy. Must be that wonderful memory loss associated with parenting. Lol. Thanks for your input.
|

replied December 8th, 2003
Hi
I did'n feel the baby untill like the end of the 4th month I am 7.5 right now and I wont stop ! Laughing :p that's just the way you know that he/she is ok, now..... I don't know if you are just a few weeks pregnant .... Don't really know about that , did your doctor say so ? It is really hard to belive ... At 7 weeks I did'n even know I was pregnant, but hey good for you .... Wink

oana23
|

replied December 10th, 2003
You probably do not feel the baby. At least not at 7 weeks. Women who have had babies before usually do not feel the baby until the end of the fourth month. The baby’s right now is way to small and brittle to feel. If you are more than 7 weeks I guess you cannot find out until the end of the month! I hate waiting. That is a real bummer. Keep us posted!!
Sam
|

replied December 12th, 2003
I'm at 14 1/2 weeks and I started feeling flutters 2 weeks ago. My friend is 14 weeks and hasn't felt anything yet. They say movement can be mistaken for hunger pains and even the sound of hunger. I have been told you can feel it as early as 14, but more than likely start between 16 and 20.

If anyone knows anything about getstational diabetes, please let me know.
Thanks.
|

replied December 19th, 2003
Experienced User
7 Weeks
Hey

its doubtful that what your feeling is actually the baby... Can be gas or bubbles.. Usually 16 to 20 weeks is the normal for feeling movement I felt my baby move at 14 weeks and there was no mistaking it for something else he kicked or punched me 3 times competly out of the blue and it hasnt stopped since lol and I am now 38 weeks dont worry it will come
|

replied December 20th, 2003
Experienced User
My Dr. Told me you'll feel the baby between 16-22 weeks. For women who have more than one child, they will feel it at 16 weeks because they know what it feels like already. Other than that, I don't think you can feel it at 7 weeks.
|

replied January 6th, 2004
Hi. I am twenty six weeks pregnant and I was the same way as well Laughing .
I think alot of what we think is the baby moving at first is alot of gas pains cause from about twenty weeks on I could definatly tell the difference between the baby moving and gas.... At twentysix weeks especially.... At work the other day I was leaning up against the edge of the counter and acually moved out from it, cause the baby had kicked so hard.... It was a weird feeling ( this is my first pregnancy), all new to me too. Smile
|

replied January 17th, 2004
Movement
I'm not sure when I started feeling my first baby move. But I am now approx 14wks. As of jan 15th. I could swear that I have felt movement since mid. November. I was only 95 pounds or so to start out with again. I do not normaly have any gas pains and this has been going on steady almost every day since 2 months ago. It started to feel like a flutter then a slight soft thump inside. They say that it's not possible to feel that early but this is my second time around and I kinda know what to look for. I also have felt at times a large lump or ball that is noticeable to look at. This has happened a few times since about a month ago. It goes away after a few seconds. This is the baby's body I know. It's kinda strange to see and uncomfortable until it moves back to a normal position. If you are smaller to begin with, there is the chance that you are feeling something.
And I just remembered that with my first child I had just got back from my amnio that afternoon. I was lying down and felt this flutter down there. I knew that it was the baby. It only got stronger as the weeks went by. So I had to be around 12 wks or so then. Good luck and you might feel more tonight after you go to bed.... Take care also kelly t.
|

replied January 17th, 2004
I was almost a month before my baby started moving around.What I did was put like a cup on my stomach and watch it go up and down or what ever way he desided to do. Its really not that normal for your baby not to move when your almost a month, maybe you should go to the doctors and get the baby's paused cheched out just to make sure.
|

replied January 18th, 2004
Experienced User
Kelly Jt.....this One Is For U
I hope u dont think im nosy but I was wondering y u had an amnio was it medical reasons or u wanted to check for ur own reasons.

I was just wondering cause if I fell pregnant (when and if) I wondered whether I would have one. Is it painful or anything I know it can cause problems with the baby.

Hope this isnt to much of a personal question

from someone who cant wait to have a jelly bean all of their own
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...