Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Tips On Lower Pelvis & Leg Cramps (pins And Needles Too.

Could someone give me advise on how to deal with leg cramps? Is it really normal even on the first tri? Does it have something to do with your lying position, posture etc?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hey

has nothing to do with posture, dr told me it is when uterus is lying on one of your major veins that causes either sharp pain to pins and needles.
If its really sharp get it check out could be back problems but for cramping and pins and needles just relax.

Jess
|

replied October 15th, 2005
Tonight I am having really bad cramps in my one leg. I just got my man to rub my leg, sorta feels better. I have no idea what else to do about it. Oh also heard a heating pad works to but not to leave it on your body for too long.
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2005
Community Volunteer
I had horrible restless leg sydrome my last tri and for about a weeks after having my son. Elevate you feet (or even the bottom of your bed) and something that kind of helped me and the swelling too was to wrap ace bandages (those thigns when you sprain something) around your feet ankles and then put on tight socks and sleep in that.
|

replied October 17th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks for all the advises. Im really learning a lot in this forum :d most of my queries have been answered cheers!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...