Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

I'm a Recovered Anorexic...

...And I just had a baby. She is now eight months old, but I still am 140lbs...I can't seem to safely lose my weight. I'll start exercising and dieting like a good, normal person, but then I can feel myself slipping into my old ways, and it's scary b/c I dont want it to control me every again. But yet i'm soooo frustrated that I can't lose 30 more pounds!

So I don't know what to do...Because if I try to lose the weight, i'm afraid of losing myself to anorexia again. But if I dont, i'll be miserable and fat.

Can anyone else related to dealing with anorexic feelings postpartum????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi, congrats on the new baby. How long have you been recovered from anerexia. Have you seen a therapist or anything. Well, it does sound a lil bit like you are starting to slip back in I hope that you don't. I think that you should exersice a lil bit each day and eat healthy. I don't think I am much help though sorry.
|

replied October 16th, 2005
Experienced User
I'm Not Sure If It Is Safe For Us to Diet Again
Or not. I thought about asking my dietician or support group this. It might not be a good idea at this point though since I still have to gain weight. You might want to talk to a dietician about this. That way a dietician can supervise your diet and make sure that you are being sensible.
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....