Hello, well I went into labor about two weeks ago and they gave me a shot to stop it, I was only 2cm dilated which freaked me out. But now i'm having other problems they are saying that the baby might be breeched and will give me an ultrasound two weeks from now. So not only will I find out the baby's sex but also see if I will have to get a c-section. Well I want to know if there are ways to induce labor safely can anyone help. I'm so uncomfortable and the baby could come any day now I just need to know my options. Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
How far along are you hun?
|

Experienced User
If the baby's breech, there is no reason to induce labour only to go through the pain and then need a c-section after all. I'd try and do my best to be patient on this one....Good luck
|

Hello, its me again i'm 35 weeks and the dr at the hospital said it was possible that I would deliver before my nov 19th due date, my question is what will happen if the baby doesn't turn around, my dr said she couldn't find the baby's head and that the baby was probably on its side. I really need some advice please help
|

Experienced User
If baby is on his/her side, I think they usually do a section
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
alexis2004 wrote:
hello, its me again i'm 35 weeks and the dr at the hospital said it was possible that I would deliver before my nov 19th due date, my question is what will happen if the baby doesn't turn around, my dr said she couldn't find the baby's head and that the baby was probably on its side. I really need some advice please help

a friend of mine went into labor 6 1/2 weeks early and there was nothing they could do to stop it (but the baby is fine now) so as far as the health of the baby, i'm sure he/she will be alright, just will probably require a hospital stay if u went into labor right now. And as for breech... U will probably need a c-section, as it's the easiest way to get the baby out without danger for urself or him/her. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
alexis2004 wrote:
hello, its me again i'm 35 weeks and the dr at the hospital said it was possible that I would deliver before my nov 19th due date, my question is what will happen if the baby doesn't turn around, my dr said she couldn't find the baby's head and that the baby was probably on its side. I really need some advice please help

hey alexis

ask you dr if he can do a breech delivery with out c-section, my friend had it done and she thought it was awesome. Most drs wont do it but some actually care more about you and not what makes their profession easier. Another thing sometimes it turns right at last moment so you never know but talk to dr if you dont want c-section if they it is the best for baby I would ask for another ob gyn cause a few will actually turn the baby around for you

jess
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
justacanadiangirl wrote:
alexis2004 wrote:

a friend of mine went into labor 6 1/2 weeks early and there was nothing they could do to stop it (but the baby is fine now) so as far as the health of the baby, i'm sure he/she will be alright, just will probably require a hospital stay if u went into labor right now. And as for breech... U will probably need a c-section, as it's the easiest way to get the baby out without danger for urself or him/her. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

actually 2 of our friends vee! And the babies were small (4lbs +) but they are both doing great now! One is 2 months and the other is almost 6 months!
|

Help: Preterm Labor Problems
Hello, its me again well thanks for all the advice, I was wondering is it normal to have contractions after having sex, I mean is it something I should stop or what, the last few times i've had those 30second contractions which are very annoying and they slightly hurt. Well all your advice is welcome. I'm still worried about that c-section possibility, and what is that breech procedure what do they do , and will they try to move the baby around, I mean will they go inside and push the baby, oh this is bothering me big time.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Contractions are normal after sex as sex can induce labour. Did they not warn you not to have sex since you went into preterm labour? They should have.

And I had an emerg c-sec. Wasn't too bad.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...