Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

I Think I Have Strep...

My body has been "trying " to come down with something for a couple weeks now. Now im coughing up stuff from deep down and also have a sore throat. Yesterday I woke up with a low fever -took some tylenol and it went away. I feel icky. But not too bad. I looked in the mirror lastnight at my throat and have a very little bit of white spots on my tonsils. Soooo I called my obs office and they are closed for today. So now im wondering if its urgent enough....Or should I worry adn go to the er?? I dont know if this will affect my baby or not. Please help- this is my first pregnancy and I am 27 weeks along. Thank you

michelle
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Experienced User
I would say if it is really stressing you out then go to the er just to make sure.

If you are able to wait until tomorrow then call your ob first thing tomorrow morning.

In my opinion, I would go to the er just in case. This is a fragile life that we are dealing with here.

I would rather be safe.

Good luck!
|

Experienced User
I would go to er in case you need antibiotics...Get going on them asap.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: I Think I Have Strep...
iluvmymarine wrote:
my body has been "trying " to come down with something for a couple weeks now. Now im coughing up stuff from deep down and also have a sore throat. Yesterday I woke up with a low fever -took some tylenol and it went away. I feel icky. But not too bad. I looked in the mirror lastnight at my throat and have a very little bit of white spots on my tonsils. Soooo I called my obs office and they are closed for today. So now im wondering if its urgent enough....Or should I worry adn go to the er?? I dont know if this will affect my baby or not. Please help- this is my first pregnancy and I am 27 weeks along. Thank you

michelle

hey michelle

I know this will sound gross but sometimes when you get white spot in your mouth it is yeast infection and its really gross. It doesnt hurt you but is cause from hormone changes I had it right after my daughter and you have to gargle some weird tasting stuff. The only thing you really need to becarful of when prego is measles and chicken pox. Talk to dr though they know whats best just thought I would let you know something

jess
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...