Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Dry Cervic Mucus After Period?

Is it normal for the cervic mucus to be dry, making it painful to have sex after a normal period?

When will the cervics mucus be wet or creamy? When that happens, does it mean u r ovulating?

Anyone with more insights to this???
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lesliepei
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Experienced User
You should normally by dry right after your period, ky jelly helps at this point. Coming on to day 10 or so, your mucus gets wetter. Then coming up to ovulation, it is like raw egg whites and lots of it....Hint: have sex at least once a day during this time if you want to get pregnant. After you have ovulated, it becomes thicker again until your period. Hope this helps.

Leslie
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks Lesliepei!
Last night was day 12 and my hubby told me that it is dry outside and wet inside. While he was putting it in, it was painful n tight but after that it was great. I felt relaxed.

So does this mean the mucus is wet? What do I do to find out about the mucus? Sorry I am a blur in this matter. After looking through websites, I realized that u can monitor the cervic mucus for ovulation too.

So give me some insights as I really want to get pregnant.
|

User Profile
replied October 25th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Astroglide is alot better than ky in my opinion, but I have heard that to get pregnant it is better to not use artificial lubricant.
I am pretty sure theres not much chance of getting pregnant right after your period anyway.
Also be careful about certain medications that dry up your nasal passages-like allergy medication. They dry you up down there too.
|

replied October 10th, 2013
how does allergy medication dries you up down there? Is that even possible? If so, how? Because I have bad allergies and sinus. I have been taking lots of allergy pills. Does that explains why I am dry? or am I dry because I just got off my period like two days ago?
|

User Profile
replied October 11th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Your sinuses and nose contains mucus membranes. Allergy and cold medicines dries up these mucus membranes.

Your cervix and vagina also produce mucus, and may dry up as a result.

It is also normal to be dry just after your period. Your wet mucus days are around ovulation and sometimes the start of your period.

Dryness is one of the easiest an cheapest things to fix. Get some personal lubricant from your local supermarket or pharmacy where they sell condoms.water based, or silicone based.

Make it a part of foreplay. It is guaranteed to make sex and masturbation better and more fun.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....