I used to cut myslef and now I have stoppped completely. But my scars are still visible. I might have to go to the dr soon because i'm kinda sick.

My question is how to I hide my scars from the dr and my parents when they make me put on that stupid paper hospital gown? Most makeup does not match my skin color.

Please please someone help me...I'm so worried about this.

Thanks in advance for any replies.... All are greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2005
Hi,

what if you just let things happen, if they notice your scars tell them the truth. It might be liberating for you, you wont have to hide anymore.
I understand it's easier said than done,but mabe it's worth a try.
If it's not this situation, there'll only be another.

Hope i've been some help to you.
Best wishes.
|

replied October 9th, 2005
Depends on what kind of scars. I've heard for some burns, fireworks is a good excuse. As for cuts, be creative. A nail was sticking out of a wall. The old "my cat got me". Are you allowed to wear anything? If it's on your wrists, wear jewelry or hair bands.

Then again, why do you care if they find out, if you've stopped completely?
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Well
My fren told me to take a rag thats warm nd to rub it...But yet those were mah most recent cuts I dunt think it wud work on a cut that is been there for a while...I kno it works for recent cuts tho...I tried it...It still kinda shows but not as bad....Hmmm best thing to do is wear a wrist band....Or even try to not make it face towards them...Thats wut I did but one day it didnt work for me cuz I was not thinking but :(....Wutever happens happens yea
|

I agree with letting things happen. Its not good to hide from your past, no matter how awful or painful it might be. Instead confronting it will take that weight off your sholders.
|

Or you could get a tattoo....
|

replied October 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Or you could just tell the truth. In a way there battle scars, my friend. You've tackled this problem and looked it in the eye and said no. And well done to you. If they say anything about them just be honest. But say that it was a horrible phase you went through and your finally clear of it. Sure they will be worried and may react differently to how you think, but trust me inside they will breath a sigh of relief. I know you'll be ok. Good luck in hospital. Xx
|

replied October 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey all of you, thank you so kuch for all your replies...They made me feel so mych better.

I thiink I will try to wera a jewelry o something ...But they are mostly on my thighs...I guess I can cover that somehow.

Thanks again...You guys rock!
|

replied October 13th, 2005
Cutting...
:oops:
hey there I am 34 years old and just last year starting cutting myself. The thought of ever inflicting pain on myself was inconceviable. I have had many issues threw the years, I was an alcoholic by 13 had my first child at 18 and many other ups and major downs throughout my life. I don't know what made the thought even cross my mind.
I was just recently divorced and in a relationship with a very kind and caring man( not really a man he was only 18 when we started dating). I was happy and things ccouldn'thave been better. I know you would think the age thing might have been an issue but he was a family friend and I believed age was just a number. I felt I was with someone my own age and they ripped my heart out so why not try someone younger, plus you really cant chose who you fall in love with it just happens.
Any way back to the cutting. I have always been into pain. It never really bothered me it actually gave me a natural high. But I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and that brought my pain to a higher level so I had to up my threshold. At first it was just alittle hear and there in iintimatesetting and then it crossed over into my life. I was hurting inside and could not seem to handle the pain so one day when I was angry I feel and scratched my self pretty bad and I noticed that I was not angry anymore.
So after that everytime something was more than I could handle I would cut. I would also were long sleeves in the summer so no one saw the cuts or used the excuse that my kitten scratched me. In time it got real bad I ended up messing up my arm. There are really bad scares all up it and there is a spot where all I had was a dull knife and I took of major layers of skin in the attempt to make my emotional pain, physical. Well me and that guy broke up and I never did it again till my step father died. I was drinking and crying and my heart was breaking and I pulled out my knife and cut, not bad just enough but at that moment a friend who I really cared about( yes male and my age) came to see if I was ok and caught me. Oh my god was in embarrassed. He took the knife and held me in his arms and I realized that there was something else that could take the pain away and that was love, the fact that someone cared enough to stop me. I believe that if I never got caught I might have continued doing it. Well it has been months and not 1 cut and my trusty knife is locked away in my safe and if I want it I need to go find the key then pull out the safe. In all this time looking I calm down and call a friend and they talk me back to normal ( or as normal as I can be). :d
everyday I see the scares and they make me mad! How could I do that to myself and I did have to explain to my 12 year old what they were somewhat. I know that you might not think that there is a way to not cut but there is. I am sure you have one friend that you trust more than anyone else well make that person your sponsor ( like in aa). He or she is the one you can call no matter what time or day and will talk you out of hurting yourself.
You are young and you don't want to have to carry your scars around for the rest of your life like I will. The questions never stop. If I meet a new guy he is always like what happened to you? Do I want to tell him the truth, not really but I have to be honest. So what ever you do remember to find another way to channel that pain. Physical isn't always better than emotional. Sometime the emotional pain is what makes us stronger. So stop and think next time or hopefully there wont be a next time.... Take care and if you ever need an email sponsor or an im sponsor just call on me :lol:
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....