Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

New Here. Introducing Myself, And Saying Hi :)

Hello, I am new here and wanted to say hi. I am pretty much certain that I have depression, and god only knows what else - possibly bi-polar, low serotonin levels, etc... But i'm going through a lot. And wanted to find a place to find some friends that understand what i'm going through.

I hope everyone is having a beautiful weekend :)

warm hugs,
winter princess
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2005
Hey
What are ur symptoms...Cuz recently I just got diagnosed with depression...My symptoms were loss of appetite...Weight lost....No sleep....Irritated by lil things....Stress...Others also but they were about past experiences....But hey I kno how u feel I never thot I had depression I jes thot I had sum pms everyday...But yea if u need to talk to ne one u can aim me or email me.....My aim is babygrlpnai143...O ya im 17
|

Hi
I am 15 and I have am pregnant . It is like the worse pain ever. I am almost over and going to ladour. Wot is it like, labour. I wonna no
|

Active User, very eHealthy
You sound like me. I am getting induced tomrrow I am so freaken scared I am 20yrs old so I wanted you to know that you are not alone in being scared. I dont know what it feels like but I know that I am scared but I trust the drs so I know that they will take care of me and give me medicane if I need it you know.....
|

Hi
Hello - thanks for the warm welcome. Like I said, i'm not sure what I have... But I am depressed. I go through severe mood swings, i'll get happy like things are gonna be fine. Then something will trigger something and i'll start bawling my head off, even curled up on the floor crying and shaking, then sometimes something will trigger me and i'll get angry, and be b**tchy to everyone around me like I don't care about anything. I've thought about suicide, but think i'm way too scared to do it. Feel lost, lonely, and confused and scared most of the time... Hopelessness. I see people at stores, restaurants, all happy and it makes me sad, like that will never be me. Like i"m destined to be like this forever....

That generally describes what's going on...

Thanks again.

And for the 15 year old, sweetie, I don't have children so I can't help you. But just remember that women do this every day! You're gonna be fine! :d
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Winterprincess
Welcome! I am sorry that you are having these problems, being so young. Have you tried to talk to your parents or maybe a special aunt that can help to get you some professional help. You can always go to mental health and please do not take me wrong, I am not trying to tell you that you are crazy, it is just that we all need a little help sometime in our lives and it is nothing to be ashamed of and their is someone there 24/7 to talk to @ mental health that is. Writing it down helps if you go into the depression forum here. I am noooo Dr., I just try to help people!
Good luck to you!
Keep us posted!
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2008
Experienced User
Hello, I am new here and just wanted to say hi. I have depression, among other things But i'm going through a lot. And i wanted to find a place to find friends that understand what i'm going through.
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2008
Supporter
Hi Sweetie! Me Fairy*Godmother
Welcome newbies to eHealth..you've made one giant step in the right direction. From the sounds of the symptoms WInterPrincess, you sounds as though you are depressed. And from what others have suggested, you will need a doctor and maybe meds......to help you. Depression is not somehting we choose. I was diag. clinically depressed over 30 years ago. Through years of 3 different doctors, and gosh know s how many meds to find the right combo....I had to learn something on my own.......I had to make myself happy....I could not rely on anyone else to do this. There is a chemical imbalance going on in your head, and without help, you will stay in this vicious cycle. TOok near death experiences for me to finally come to the reality......life is precious. We can not get time back. Life is too valuable to live a sad and unhappy life. There are many mental health facilities that can help you. Its the sane people that need help!!!!!!!!!!! I am no longer on meds. I try to turn every situtaion from negative into something positive. Took me over half my life to figure this out, hopefully can help you while you are still young. there are so many people out there who are too proud or think of mental health as something evil...........I just wish I'd had a fairy*godmother when I was in my 20's to help me. Always here if I can help I'll try!
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....