Would you worry if your boyfriend:
a) didn't seem to care much about your problems. I thought couple is supposed to share their problems with each other. At the moment we are in a long distance relationship and all he'd ask is how's my work or some general question but I really feel he is not interested. In fact I put it wrong it's not even problems it's just life really. Like he doesnt ask me anymore how was my day for example.
B) talks about sex almost every time he'd call/ text.
C) he doesn't like me calling him on weekends. He says he has no one, but on weekends it's always bad reception and he doesn't get my calls/ texts. I asked him this week if I can call him on weekend and he didn't want me to. Finally he said i'l text you first and then you can call.
At the same time he texts me he loves me very often and sends me loads of kisses and stuff. I just don't know what to think. Am I being paranoid? Sorry it came out a bit long. Well just to add he is 18 years older than m.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2005
Experienced User
First of all, there is no "bad reception on the weekends" and "good reception on the weekdays". And even if there were, you should still be able to call and try to get ahold of him.

He may have strong feelings for you .. Maybe he likes talking to you ... But I think you're being played. It seems like he has his only little life outside of what he tells you. If he didn't have anything to hide, then you would be able to call.
|

replied October 10th, 2005
I think you are right. Like last weekend I sent him text early in the eve and he didnt reply until monday (i sent it on sunday). When I asked him whats the reason he said he did send me a text, I probably didnt get it then, he cant do nothing about it. Then during the week he sends me lots of "love" texts again. I'll wait for what will happen this weekend and then will probably "withdraw" from the game. Thank you for your advice. It hurts. I thought he was the one.
|

Sounds like lust, but contrary to what people might thing, its possible for lust to turn into love. Keep that in mind :)
|

Thats horrible that a guy would treat you like that. You really shouldn't put up with his crap and you don't have to. But by allowing him to treat you this way it is sending him a message that you think it is ok. Thats bullsh**. You should read the book "he's just not that into you". Its awesome and will give you some insight. Just remember things always work out for the best, god has a plan for you. I just got a divorce this year and thought it was horrible but I know that I will find a better man out there. Email me if you need to talk
|

Thank you anna. Im really sorry you had to go through divorce. I heard its awful experience. Could you tell me the author of the book? I heard that when you have gut feeling that something is wrong you should follow it.
So you really think he is playing with me?What confuses me are all his texts saying how much he loves me. He also wants nude pics of me. It all seems to be connected with sex. Its wrong isn't it? I feel bad writing it behind his back. I just wanted to know whether im the only one thinking its odd.
|

replied October 12th, 2005
The author is greg behrendt, its a great book. He was on oprah one time. Yes, I think he is playing you. You should also feel like you two have an emotional connection. Thats a bad sign if even you see that its wrong. Go with your first instinct. You can find someone else out there that will treat you better and want to talk to you all the time and not just when its convienent for him.
|

replied October 15th, 2005
Well I just wanted to say its over. I told him il call you on weekends, he said he'll call himself, so when he called I purposely didnt pick up. He sent me text something like shame we couldnt speak and he's meeting up with his collegue later (on sunday eve). I called him later several times through the eve and his phone was switched off, so I texted its over and he still didnt even say anything! He'l probably get back to me in the morning. Im not gonna answer from now on. He doesnt even know how much he hurt me. I lost trust in men completely.I will read this book anna. Thanks for posting the name of the author. Best of luck to you in coping with divorce. Im sure you'l find someone who is worth you at the end.
|

replied October 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Well, you stick to your guns, anastasiya! He may not ever call you or text you again ... But that doesn't mean to give in and call him.

There are a lot of fish out in the sea and men that are 10 times better than that guy! Everybody can speak words, but not all of them can show those words in action. Find someone that you can see, talk to, call! And get to know more on a personal basis.

I wish you nothing but good luck! :-)
|

replied October 17th, 2005
I am glad that you made your mind up, I hope you stick to this and not give in. Good luck. Anyone deserves better than that and you will find someone that you can finally trust. But I have felt the same way that I can't trust men, i've had a bad history with men in general. But I know deep down that i'll have to trust someone before I can fall in love again. Its not fair that these kinds of things have to happen. But you live and learn, right?
Again, best of luck. Things will work out in the end.
|