My husband and I live about 8 hours from our family...When our baby is born none of them will be able to come see us because of finances and, in my sister's case, no one to watch her own three small children. I know it may not be adviced to do so, but I was wondering if it would be completely crazy to make a road trip (8 hrs) with my newborn at about a week old?? (as long as my birth and the baby goes all normal and everything that is)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 12th, 2005
Experienced User
As long u take what u need and pack extra for an emergency I dont see why not. Good luck, hope all goes well:)
|

replied October 12th, 2005
You should be fine. Just make sure that you pack all of the essentials. You will have make more stops then if it were just the two of you because of feedings, burping, and diaper changes but the good thing is that the baby will most likely be sleeping the whole ride.
|

User Profile
replied October 18th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
When I was born my dad was in the marines and got out the day after I was born. His base was in california. Anyways, the very next morning after I was born, my parents moved to ohio. That's was a 4 day trip, so I think you'll be fine.
|
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....