I took a pregnancy test yesterday. It showed a faint positive, meaning the second line was not that dark, however it was there. My friend, who has been pregnant twice says that this same thing happened to her and each time she was pregnant. Yesterday I was about eleven days late for my period. I have experienced all of the symptoms, including breast soreness, nausea, exhaustion, and strange feelings in my stomach. My stomach has constantly felt as if I had thrown up several times in a row, that soreness that you feel afterwards.
Today, I did not feel my period was starting or anything like that, I just went to use the bathroom. When I wiped, there was blood on the toilet paper. There was no blood in the toilet or on my underwear. I've been having cramps today, and every time I use the bathroom when I wipe there is blood, but nothing on the pad, and nothing in the toilet when I urinate. To add a little more complication, my mother never skipped her period during her pregnancy with myself and my twin brother.
Is that hereditary? Is there any way to tell the difference between spotting or possibly miscarriage?
I am so confused right now, after having a positive test result, and then seeming to start my period. I know that no one here can tell me if I am pregnant or not, but has anyone experienced something similar? How heavy is too heavy for spotting?
As I said before, I was about eleven days late, I did not have my period at all in nov. Could I just have skipped the month? My periods tend to be very regular.
Any help you could offer would be great. I can not find out more from my mother about her experience with period and pregnancy because she is very religious, and would be upset if I asked her about pregnancy. My fiancee and I are very much in love and planning to get married next year, we were not expecting this, and we are both very confused with the mixed signals. Any kind of help would be great.
Also i've been experiencing headaches and severe dizziness for the past week and a half.

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 3rd, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Ok well I think you are spotting. Which means you can be pregnant. Spotting does occur for women who are pregnant, maybe up to six months. My suggestion is because you are having symptoms and you are spotting, plus the faint positive...Take another test in the morning for best results. Whichever the results are, and your period is not getting heavier, go see a doc for a blood test for a final answer. I have been very late, but my period started out light for about 3 days, and got heavy and I wasnt pregnant. So just take another test and keep watch on your period. Good luck!

Welcome to the forum!
|

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I was under the impression that spotting was very very light. After reading through some of the posts, I am seeing that it can be heavier. Whatever it is, the coloring is getting much lighter and I do not have cramping anymore. I will take another test on friday, and I will go to the doctor on monday. Should I still do this if the bleeding becomes heavier and more like my regular cycle? I'm worried that maybe, since my mother had her period throughout her pregnancy, that I may be further along than I know. I am a smoker, and since the faint positive I have not smoked, but this morning when I saw the blood and thought my period had started I did smoke an ultralight cigarette, if you are a heavy smoker is it unsafe to quit cold turkey if you are pregnant? Could quitting suddenly like that cause spotting? I smoke about a pack a day, sometimes less sometimes more, and have smoked steadily for the past three years. Also is it normal to have something like hot flashes or a feeling of a fever (cold sweat, feeling hot) without actually having a temperature? I appreciate your patience, i've gotten so many different answers from different friends, that I know pregnancies and their symptoms vary greatly between people. I work in a factory though, and it is on your feet work all night. I am wondering if it would be safer for me, if there is a possiblity of miscarriage if I stayed home tonight, I work from 11:30pm- 7:30am, which adds to the stress a little bit. Michael and I were not expecting pregnancy, but if I really am pregnant, I don't want to lose it.

Anyway, I know you can only give me advice, but it is very helpful just to have someone to talk to.

Thanks
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hello! Well the bleeding can be heavy for spotting too, but I dont think it can be passed on from your mom. Even though she had it. It might, it might not. If you are heavier I would suggest taking a test once its done. Its a bit early for walking or being on your feet to be harming a baby. Walking is actually best for the baby, but smoking is it. Smoking only decreases the chances of becoming pregnant and increases birth defects, so during this time I suggest not smoking at all. The sweats and the fever feeling might not be a pregnancy symptom but the withdrawals from quitting the smoking. It happened to my husband but he hasnt fully quit yet. You might just want to take a test once the bleeding stops and if you still feel uncomfortable, go to a doctor and get a blood test for a sure result. Good luck. Also you can go to www.Babycenter.Com
and they have very many fact on symptoms, nutrition, babies, conception...Everything. So you can check it out if you want! Good luck!
|

replied January 10th, 2012
Spotting or period?
Hey can some one please help me. I've bee trying for a baby we have been having sex at all the right times then I was 3 days late for my period then I started spotting Brown,pink n a ill red watery blood I guess to call it. Then the next day it got a lil heavier but not enough to be normal for me as a period now today it's stopped only brown blood when I wipe any suggestions?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...