Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Help, Does He Have a Problem?

Hey I need to know something, but a bit of information to help first.

I'm just ever slightly taller than 6 foot, and weigh 14.8 stone (207.2 lbs). My waist is between 33 and 34 inches (i ware a 34 trouser waist). Don’t think you need to know anything else for what i’m going to ask, but if you do just ask.

My girlfriend is 5ft 5.5in, weights 8.6 stone (120.4lbs) and her waist is 26 inches.

My girlfriend has a son, karl, and we think he has a bit of a weight problem. He is 5ft 4in, and has a waist of about 33 inches. He wares a 34 inch trouser waist (like me!)

how much do you think he weighs?

------------------------------------------

he refuses to take his top off when getting his hair cut (his mum does it).

He never goes swimming, and will never get his hair cut when other people are in the house if he does take it off. Not even with just me and his mum in the house!

He can eat a full pizza (for 3-4 people) to himself. We tend of get that for all of us, and he eats it all.

Amongst many other things, like snacking on 3 to 4 cheese sandwiches a day, not eating brown bread, having 2 slices toast and 1 (sometimes 2) bowls of cereal for breakfast, and drinking enormous amounts of coke (the normal full sugar, full fat coke), he tends to go through 2 litters in a few hours.

------------------------------------------

so are we the only ones, or does he have a serious weight problem. It first occurred to me when I realised, he’s 8 inches shorter than me, much weakly and smaller built, and wares the same size waist as me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 5th, 2005
btw he claims he's 9 stone, but hes obviosly not if you compare him to his mother.
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Hello?
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Experienced User
Hmm
I wonder how old your girlfriends son is and if he is still growing because sometimes growing boys eat more than it looks liek they need. But a 33 inch waist does not sound like a problem to me. Does he feel uncomfortable with his weight? Or does it seem like he eats for emotional reasons? Or r u just concerned that something needs to be done about his weight yet he is not acting? His he physically active? Sorry for all the questions.
~inezrina
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....