My daughter is 10 years old and has acne really bad. Its to the point that i'm wondering if she will have scars. We've tried everything on the market and nothing seems to help. I guess the next step would be to take her to the doctor. Anyone have any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2005
You can try a 3 day apple and water detox diet for her. It basically intales, not eating, or drinking anything except apples and grapes for atleast 60 hours. During this time she is drinking atleast 8 to 10 glasses of pure water each day, and taking a multi vitamin, a garlic supplement, and a acidopholius supplement. Green tea is ok durning this time. After the diet, if you havnt noticed any change, then you might want to consider something like accutane.
|

replied October 10th, 2005
Just go to the dermatologist. I started having acne when I was 10 years old. I never had to be put on accutane when the dermatologist finally figured out what was wrong with my face. Not everyone has to use accutane.
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Acne
From what I hear, accutane is some pretty nasty stuff. My bosses daughter was on it when she was 16 and had to be tested every two weeks for liver and kidney problems. I don't think that's an option. She's only ten. As far as the diet goes, that sounds good in theory, but I don't know if she would stick to it long enough to do any good unless her dad and I did it with her. If she sees friends eating other stuff she'll want it to. I did make her an appointment with her Dr. So we'll see what she says. I appreciate the input and i'll let you know how it turns out.
|

replied May 16th, 2012
Experienced User
Acne is the condition that cannot be cured completely. Aloe Vera is used to maintain our skin smooth and healthy. Vitamins also play a crucial role in the healthy skin. Wash your face twice a day for clean and smooth skin. Thanks..
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....