Last edited by gemstone83x on August 1st, 2006 09:46 AM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 29th, 2005
I have contact dermatitis as well, though mine is only on my waist (from the metal stud of my jeans.) I only found this out recently (after several misdiagnosises from my previous doctors, all who prescribed me with a steroid cream.) the new doctor i'm seeing prescribed me a topicort cream (desomimetasone) for the rash areas for a period of 14 days. So far, it's only been 3 days and i've been seeing a significant improvement. There's no more itch, and the redness and swelling have gone down significantly. Unlike the steroid cream, there's no more oozing or itchiness. I would ask about a new prescription of topicort cream instead of the steroid cream.
|

replied November 17th, 2005
Allergic Contact Dermatitis
There are tons of remedies. Most of them don't work because each is for a particular disease.

I am no expert, but have studied several websites recently. I also have allergic contact dermatitis.

So far, this is what I have learned:

you have to know the cause!

Have you had contact with poison ivy or other similar allergen in the last year or so?
Do wear jewelry or fabric containing nickel, cobalt or chromium?
Do you wash the affected area often? (avoid water.)
do you use a new soap or laundry detergent?
Do you come in contact with a certain material repeatedly? For example,
do you wear gloves every day?

You should answer "no" to all of the above.
|

replied November 17th, 2005
Also, a topical steroid can make it worse if you use it to
treat a disease (an itch) not caused by poison ivy (or similar).
|
Tags: skin
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....