Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Neurological Problems??

I have been having symptoms like disorientation, dizziness, and a general spacey feeling more often than I can handle. It is affecting my job and also my social life. I just don't feel like I can think clearly and have an impaired ability to find the words to express what I want to say. Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 8th, 2005
Depersonalization/derealization
I have done some research, and these feelings seem to play a role in depersonalization/derealization. Anyone ever been treated for these?
|

replied November 14th, 2007
Hi Everyone
I was admitted to the hospital a little over a month ago because my blood pressure was fluxuating really high while laying down and really low while standing up. I got extremely dizzy like I was going to fall over all the time. I was unnable to breathe and was hyperventalating because of my esophigus or whatever wasn't opening so my throat would feel like its closing up. I had anxiety also because of it. After I got out of the hospital I immediately started having this feeling of being trapped in my mind or as if I was living in a dream and can't break out of it. I also feel like my thoughts and senses get tangled up with each other. Its very uncomfertable. I have been having this 24/7 ever since I left the hospital. They did a MRI, CAT scan, EEG, barre, blood tests for diseases, and a spinal tap. The only thing that came back was that I had a little bit of elevated spinal fluid (61) but everything else came back negative. So I'm left with no answers. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist and a neuro opthimologist which I don't know what thats going to show if anything. I'm still searching all over for an answer. I just feel like I'm going to be left unanswered and have nowhere to turn once all these tests are done. Does anyone have any ideas?
|

replied November 14th, 2007
Hi Everyone
I was admitted to the hospital a little over a month ago because my blood pressure was fluxuating really high while laying down and really low while standing up. I got extremely dizzy like I was going to fall over all the time. I was unnable to breathe and was hyperventalating because of my esophigus or whatever wasn't opening so my throat would feel like its closing up. I had anxiety also because of it. After I got out of the hospital I immediately started having this feeling of being trapped in my mind or as if I was living in a dream and can't break out of it. I also feel like my thoughts and senses get tangled up with each other. Its very uncomfertable. I have been having this 24/7 ever since I left the hospital. They did a MRI, CAT scan, EEG, barre, blood tests for diseases, and a spinal tap. The only thing that came back was that I had a little bit of elevated spinal fluid (61) but everything else came back negative. The neurologist said the protein wasn't specific enough for them to know anything about it. So I'm left with no answers. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist and a neuro opthimologist which I don't know what thats going to show if anything. I'm still searching all over for an answer. I just feel like I'm going to be left unanswered and have nowhere to turn once all these tests are done. Does anyone have any ideas?
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
lanjeno- (and improper) have you seen anyone about this? If you see a regular doc and they don't find anything, go to a psychologist. Lanjeno, you were right- that is derealization or depersonalization, and can be a part of a few different disorders. You need to see a qualified psychologist who can make an accurate diagnosis and get you feeling like yourself again!
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....