Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Symptoms

Common symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia include the following:

* blood in the urine (i.E., hematuria), caused by straining to void
* dribbling after voiding
* feeling that the bladder has not emptied completely after urination
* frequent urination, particularly at night (i.E., nocturia)
* hesitant, interrupted, or weak urine stream caused by decreased force
* leakage of urine (i.E., overflow incontinence)
* pushing or straining to begin urination
* recurrent, sudden, urgent need to urinate

in severe cases of bph, another symptom, acute urinary retention (the inability to urinate), can result from holding urine for a long time, alcohol consumption, long period of inactivity, cold temperatures any of these factors can prevent the urinary sphincter from relaxing and allowing urine to flow out of the bladder. Acute urinary retention causes severe pain and discomfort. Catheterization may be necessary to drain urine from the bladder and obtain relief.

Treatment can inlcude in the form of surgery if it is very advanced or with the treatment of medicine like avodart (avodart medication) avodart prevents the change of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone in the body. Dihydrotestosterone is involved in the progress of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Benign prostatic hyperplasia is enlargement of the prostate and occurs only in males.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...