Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Hi I Am New Here And Wanted to Say Hello

I am 42 and have had an ed most of my life, I was anorexic as a young adult /teenager, then bulimic, on and off.......
Well in may my anoerxia and bulimia started back up and I lost to much weight, and was having heart problems from my electrolites being imbalanced...And from starvation.....Finally I was forced in the hosp/ed clinic, where they forced me to drink ensure then eat...So all that did was make me want to go home and lose it all, I have.Now I want to add mostly I have been anorexic, for mths now....I also am not sure if I want to get better I liked being anorexic, but I am at binging again and it is freaking me out bc I cannot purge it up? So that has totally freaked me out. So starting tomorrow I have to stop eating again and exercising..Which I do anyway.......Oh and I also take laxatives........
Anyway not really sure why I shared that, because I doubt it will really help anyone, but maybe I needed to see it written?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 27th, 2005
Love Mex
Hi, reading your post has left me speachless,
i hope and pray for you that you can realise how great life cold be without ed.
I have been bulimic for 12 years and I am now at a stage where I really dont want it anymore(i used to think I didn't want to let it go for a long time then what do I have), b/c it is such a lonley place to be and really for me anyway became a excuse for alot of things.
Please take care and if you ever need a wee vent pm me.

Love mex
|

replied September 27th, 2005
Love Mex
Hi, reading your post has left me speachless,
i hope and pray for you that you can realise how great life cold be without ed.
I have been bulimic for 12 years and I am now at a stage where I really dont want it anymore(i used to think I didn't want to let it go for a long time then what do I have), b/c it is such a lonley place to be and really for me anyway became a excuse for alot of things.
Please take care and if you ever need a wee vent pm me.

Love mex
|

replied September 30th, 2005
Mex I am glad to hear you want to get better, I think that is the only thing that works,,,,i wish you luck and pray that you find peace in your recovery....

Now may I ask is this site always so slow???????????

Ok and now I just saw you live in bermuda, need company.....I sure could use a vacation.................................. :d :d :d
|

replied October 9th, 2005
Experienced User
One Question
Hi you rpost sounded like something I would have written at so many different points. I thought I would just ask you if you feel like you have anything to live for? Because I know when I feel the most hopeless, lonely and unhappy that is when my ed is the worst and I have felt that way alot. I have litterally told my therapist that I didn't care about getting better at all but maybe the key is in finding something u do enjoy and want to, if not live for, just even do for the time.
-inezrina
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....