Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Sore In My Mouth

I am a 20 yr old male and have had a recurring sore on the inside of my lip for about 3 weeks now. It is not a canker sore, and is not at all painful. It is more like a very small zit. It comes to a head, and I can pop it and puss comes out, but 2 or three days later it returns. I only noticed it because I felt it with my tongue. I was looking around on the internet and found all this stuff about mouth cancer and it scared the hell out of me. I chewed tobacco in high school off and on for about a year but havent for about a year.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2018

Welcome to e health forum.

The sore or ulcer you have on the gums would in most case subside with proper healing in 7 -10 days. Smaller ulcers heal much sooner.

Proper balanced diet, vitamin and mineral supplements along with antiinflammatory medications can help in faster recovery.

If it does not help or heal, consult your doctor who can provide a proper opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Robert Wascher
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.