Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

For First Time Mums, Look What I Discovered!

Was looking for a baby book when my husband found this very informative and comprehensive book. The title is new babycare book, a practical guide to the first three years by Dr. Miriam stoppard.

Since this is our first baby, I thought that ante-natal classes will be sufficient enough to learn all the things to prepare me for my pregnancy and birth of my baby. I never thought that there are still loads and loads of things to learn more on being a new parent.

The book has loads of interesting topics i.E., essential equipment for outings, travels, newborn behaviour, clothing, holding and handling a baby, nappies, bathing, feeding, sleeping and even suggestions on how to arrange your nursery and how to convert it to a toddler's room eventually.

The most interesting and very informative topic for me was the subject of "newborn babies". It explains that sensitive parts of baby's body i.E., fontanelle; condition of the baby when they are born; colour of the eyes; lip blisters; the skin; jaundice; weals and rashes; stools; sounds; hiccups, etc.

I am pretty sure there are other very good baby books but I suggest you look at this one too. It has loads of pictures and covers not only the 1st year but the first 3 years of your baby. Since we bought it, I never stopped reading it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 25th, 2005
Experienced User
Sounds like a keeper
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...