User Profile
Hi there!

Here are a few sites on vacuum phenomenon for you to check out. ;)

imshirl :d

vacuum phenomenon

http://www.Gentili.Net/signs/26.Htm

in the spine 'vacuum phenomenon' refers to the radiographic or ct appearance of gas in the inter-vertebral disc (ivd), usually in the lumbar region.

Http://www.Ijri.Org/articles/archives/2003 -13-1/cns_105.Htm

http://www.Ijri.Org/articles/archives/2003 -13-2/ost199.Htm
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hi,
this is what they called the "fully compromised disc" just 6 months after the injury. I called it compromised for I completely pulverised that disc. Not just a crush or bulge of the disc. It ruptured and leaked out the disc material. That is what I felt and seen on the repeated scans.

Now they say I have vacuum "disc space" phenomenon. I continue to have pain and burning, with sitting, standing and walking this was 4 years ago as of aug this past year. Very horrible pains when I awake too. Cannot even get outta bed, at times. Disc pain is suppose to resolve within 6 weeks at most, in most cases. But my l5 s1 area is in constant pressure from the dislocation of the spinal column. I have been diagnosed disabled from chronic pain. I asked the dr what is this vacuum disc phenomenon, and he just says some kind of term we use. No help at all. Thanks for the info.

It is a lot more than the drs helped me.
I will check it out--thanks again
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Fatfamily02 ~

you are so welcome!

Imshirl :d

|
Users who thank IMShirl for this post: fatfamily02 
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...