Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Labor and Delivery Forum

Could I Actually Be In Labor This Time...?

I'm afraid to get my hopes up because i've been having false labor contractions on and off for about 2 weeks already. Last night my husband took me to dinner, and sitting in the booth I started to get the usual backpain then abdomen pain contraction and thought, "eh when I stand up it'll go away like all of them do." but they didn't disappear or even fade when I stood up, and when I rode in the car home. So then i'm thinking it's still a trick, so I purposely try to lull them away, I took a hot shower and had a mug of hot tea, contractions through it all. Went to sleep the whole night and woke up early this morning, and still contractions, but they have only gotten a little bit stronger and it's been about 8 hours now. I'm pretty sure this is the real deal but I don't want to get my hopes up. What do you guys think? Later on in the day today I will post again to let you know if my contractions are still around.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Go to the Hospital
Umm I would say go to the hospital. If they dont dissaper like the other than it is probably the real thing. I would go before its to late. You dont want to have the baby at home.Lol I hope that made you laugh I can tell you are in alot of pain. Let me know
|

replied October 4th, 2005
It sure sounds like you could be in the early stages of labour. Look out for some other signs, like 'a show' or your waters breaking. Call the hospital when you either cant stand the pain anymore & they are regular or when your waters break.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...