Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Could I Really Be In Labor??

Lower back pains that come and go, contractions that dont feel too bad but im starting to time them now... Seemed maybe a little irregular at first but I dont think theyre going anywhere. And I get that uncomfortable feeling all over my abdomen that I always seemed to get during my menstral period. Im about 38 weeks and last checked only about 2 cms dialated. This is my first pregnancy and I would love a reply from anyone esp. If you've delivered before. How can u really be sure to know when labor starts??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Hey there honey....Don't know if you are, but good luck!

Xx
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Dr
Verypregnant-- I dont know you could be dilating more. That is how I have been feeling so I think I am just dilating more. I even hurt if I have to pee. I dont mean a burning just feels like I have a catheiter in. Hopefully you will be going into labor soon. Anyway I would go to the dr if I were you. Dosnt hurt to be safe.
|

Experienced User
It really sounds like you are labouring.....Drink a couple glasses of water and relax..If the cramping persists..Go get checked out...It could be the real thing.

( ps...Don't take advice from fatass..She's in dreamland..And a wannabe pregnant person.)
|

Active User, very eHealthy
?
Ok how old are you? I understand you dont believe her but still my gosh that was so immature.
|

Experienced User
Hun if you are in active labor which you could be and drinking water doesn'[t help call you doc and everything. If its every 10 mins then call your doc and head to the hospital. They don't really do anything until there 10 mins apart some doctors might even tell you head there at 5 you just need to see what your doc says and how long are your pains? 1-2 mins of pain every 10 mins and steady then you are in labor hun.
|

Experienced User
False Labor:(
I cannot believe it, I swear I was almost certain the baby was on its way. I guess im still on the "waiting list" :cry:
|

Experienced User
Hopefully soon maybe angel and you are desten to have them thogether lol: jk anyway I know its hard your last month it really bites cause your almost there but never seem to get there and the month takes forever. But the with draw of that is the first month with a baby goes by too quick.
|

Experienced User
Lol
Alright thats my smile for today :) I dont get to do it that often so thanks. Me and angel have really been having most of the same problems tho, it really makes me wonder who will go first.
|

Experienced User
Aye well I had same problems as my cusion. I found out I was pg 2 weeks after she found out. She was due july 30 and mine was due aug 9. Well I had mine july 12 and she had hers on the 15. Its just all depends. But I am interested on whos first also... And i'm glad I made you smile. Take it easy and hopefully soon...
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...