Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Black Seed And Ms!!!!!!!! (Page 1)

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Analysis of information

botanical name: nigella sativa.

Common names: black cumin seed, kalaunji, kalunji and also known

as melanthion of hippocrates.

The specific seed constituents that have been identified and investigated includes:

fixed oils.
Saponins.
Volatile or essential oils.
Alkaloids and
amino acids.
It also has traces of calcium, iron, sodium, potassium, and crude fibre.

A. Fixed oils:

the fixed oils, constitute 37% of the seed and maybe subdivided into – triglycerides and sterols.

A1. Triglycerides; which are a storage form of fatty acids, are further sub-divided into:

i) saturated fatty acids
myristic 0,16%
palmatic 12,08%
stearic 3,11%

ii) unsaturated fatty acids
(which is essential in the diet of man as they cannot be synthesised in the body).
Oleic 24,64%
linoleic 56,12%

linolenic 0,70%
eicosadienoic 2,53%

the above analysis is particularly interesting because of the high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids, i.E., 84%. A tremendous amount of interest is currently being expressed in natural and health circles in evening primrose oil. This oil is being prescribed for virtually all conditions, from skin care to revitalizing the body. This oil contains linoleic and linolenic acid.

Although little is known about the oil’s bio-activity, nor is its pharmacological action conclusively proven, but what is known is that linoleic and linolenic acid act as precursors to prostaglandins. Protaglandins which are lipid soluble acid compounds have been detected in almost every tissue and body fluid. They produce in minute amounts a broad spectrum of effects embracing practically every biological function.

This function includes:

1. Increasing cardiac and renal output.

2. Action on all smooth muscles – in reproductive system, g.I.T. Tract, and respiratory tract.

3. Action on the central nervous system, endocrine system and metabolism, etc.

It is thus apparent that an intake of the seed will result in an increased prostaglandin level which can have a tremendous effect on the entire body.

Preparations containing linoleic and linolenic acids have been used extensively for the treatment of:

i) lowering blood cholesterol.

Ii) eczema and skin diseases.

Iii) multiple sclerosis.

Iv) pre-menstrual tension.

V) variety of tumors.

Vi) arterio-thrombotic diseases.

Vii) rheumatoid arthritis.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Get448healthy
|

replied July 13th, 2010
MS and Black Seed Oil
Do you have MS? If so, how long have you been taking Black Seed?
I have recently be diagnosed and I am currently on Avonex. When I stumbled on your comments about Black Seed, I was very interested. It would be wonderful to get off the Avonex.
I wonder if the Black Seed Oil along with a diet rich in fruits, nuts and veggies would go hand in hand.
Very interested in what you have to say.
Thanks.
scot
|
Users who thank scot for this post: Fakhoury 

replied September 28th, 2010
Black Seed
Thank you to the author of the post on Black Seed. I have purchased some seed and oil. We will have to wait to see the outcome.
|

User Profile
replied October 26th, 2010
I have a friend who has been recommending that I take this. But I'm concerned about any side effects. Anyone know more about this? Or has anyone tried this and what was the result?

I would really like some input into this black cumen seed.

Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2010
Black Seed has been revered as a medicinal herb for over 3000 years for a wide range of healing capabilities. It is now receiving serious attention in the West as scientific research is finding startling facts of how powerful and beneficial Black Seed is for a vast array of diseases. Since 1959, over 200 studies have been carried out at international universities and articles published in various journals have shown remarkable results supporting Black Seeds traditional uses. Recent research on the black seed as an anti-biotic, anti-tumour, anti-inflammatory, anti-histaminic, anti-bacterial, anti-bronchial and immune boosting agent has shown great promise.

You are welcome to get more knowledge about this emazing herb.
|

replied December 28th, 2010
i've GOT CURED of MS out of taking the Black Seed Oil.
Hi all, just to tell u first im happy to find this relation between the Black Seed Oil and MS. Second, I'd like to tell u that i've GOT CURED of MS out of taking the Black Seed Oil.
|

replied September 9th, 2011
Nigella sativa oil for MS
Hi there,

Could you perhaps give me your history and how much of nigella sativa oil you took (and time period)? I am in the early stages and have started taking the oil which is very very cheap (I live in Turkey), its cold pressed and made in Denizli which is well known for this product.

I see you posted in 2010, so I hope youre well.

Take care
|

replied September 9th, 2011
Nigella sativa oil for MS
Hi there,

Could you perhaps give me your history and how much of nigella sativa oil you took (and time period)? I am in the early stages and have started taking the oil which is very very cheap (I live in Turkey), its cold pressed and made in Denizli which is well known for this product.

I see you posted in 2010, so I hope youre well.

Take care
|

replied July 5th, 2012
I have ms please can you tell me how long. it took to cure ms with black seed oil. email me
|

replied December 28th, 2010
no side effects
YabbaDabbaDo wrote:
I have a friend who has been recommending that I take this. But I'm concerned about any side effects. Anyone know more about this? Or has anyone tried this and what was the result?

I would really like some input into this black cumen seed.

Thanks.

Just to tell you, there is no side effects for the Black Seed oil
I've tried it and got cured out of the Multiple Sclerosis
I'm ready to answer u any question, i have a lot of informations about the BSO
in addition to that, there are many MS patients taking the oil and having excellent conditions

I HAVE A LOT OF INFORMATIONS ABOUT THIS
LET ME HELP U ALL
|

replied March 31st, 2011
Fakhoury i wanted to no tht for how long should i take the black seed oil b4 it starts working?plz tell me 4 how long u took it??
|

replied January 28th, 2011
Can you give me more information about this? Is this really true? It sounds too good to be true.
|

benji54 wrote:
Can you give me more information about this? Is this really true? It sounds too good to be true.

Ya dear it is true.
I have my MRI examinations before and after having the first attack by 9 YEARS !
I can send the reports scanned to u

many patients are following me and getting FANTASTIC RESULTS;

But they are just set in Arabic Language (if u know any arabic person to help u)

Read more: Multiple Sclerosis Forum - Black Seed And Ms!!!!!!!! http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic42847. html#ixzz1CKABe4qX
|

benji54 wrote:

case the link didnt worked, do that:
it is set in Arabic Languge. get down until u find a post in english language named:
Black Seed Herb And Oil Section

then enter the post named:
my story with the BLACK SEED OIL

Keep me informed of your act
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2011
Experienced User
Fakhaury and Thaer, thanks for the info about black seed oil. I also did some extra research. Black seed oil seems to be amazing. I ordered two bottles last night.

Also, I scheduled an MRI for October to document the actual progress.

I have been on a raw food diet for the past two months and that along with a few supplements (i.e. B-complex, B-12, MSM, fish oil) have stopped the symptoms. There are some studies on MS and raw foods. So, I imagine taking black seed oil as well will only help to further boost my immune system and officially cure me of this disease too.

When I get MRI report in October I will make it available to anyone who asks.

Again, thanks for information.
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2012
Taking drogs for MS
Please can you tell me are you taking your regular prescribed medicines for MS along with these? Or you stoped taking drogs? Thanks
|

replied February 28th, 2011
Hello,

I am a patient of MS in India. How is the black seed oil to be taken? Pour it out in a spoon and drink it or how? Also, is it available in grocery shops or will I find it in an Ayurveic medicine shop?

Thanks a ton!!

Anindita
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2011
Experienced User
Black seed oil is commonly used for many Ayurvedic preparations in Sri Lanka and India. So I would try looking where ever Ayurvedic medicines are sold. Or, simply purchase the oil online.

Black seed oil is available in capsules and liquid form. If you choose the latter, you can take it alone or with juice. I take it with garlic pills. Apparently, the combination further increases the enhancing effect on the immune system.
|

replied March 2nd, 2011
To: triciak

Hello,
Thanks a ton for your reply. Today I checked out my local supermarket...they had all sorts of oils like mustard, sesame, olive, castor, flaxseed but no black seed oil. Actually, we Indians use black seed only as a seasoning spice in our dals and curries, but the oil is something not really used (I have not heard of it and I am 42)...I gotto check out in my Ayurvedic doctor's clinic next week when I go for my MS appointment; if I don't find it there, I will check out in a Unani medicine pharmacy.. BTW, what online shop is good and reliable...U know genuine stuff and all that?Thanks again:)
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2011
Experienced User
I live in Toronto (Canada). The local distributor that I use said that Baraka Oil (dot com) , which is in Sri Lanka, is a reputable company to order from.
|

replied March 2nd, 2011
To: triciak

|

replied April 17th, 2011
Hello Fakhoury,

I am Anindita, an MS sufferer. After reading your blog I got a bottle of blackseed oil from Health 1st an Indian company. I was optimistic I would get cured but even after a month of taking it like you have described in your blog, I don't find much difference in my condition. I am also on Ayurvedic medicines. Is that why BSO is unable to work? I am feeling depressed about this. Kindly teply with your inputs. I shalll be most grateful. Thanks. Anindita
|

replied April 17th, 2011
BSO cure for MS
Hello Fakhoury,

I am Anindita, an MS sufferer. After reading your blog I got a bottle of blackseed oil from Health 1st an Indian company. I stay in India too. I was optimistic I would get cured but even after a month of taking it like you have described in your blog, I don't find any difference in my condition. I still have weakness and shakiness all over my body, brain fog, horrible fatigue, leg pain especially when I walk and my walk is also unsteady always. I don't touch alcohol at all! I am on a very simple diet of steamed rice and vegetables and fruits for snacks. I am also on Ayurvedic medicines. Is that why BSO is unable to work? I am feeling depressed about this. Kindly reply with your inputs. I shalll be most grateful.

Thanks.
Anindita
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2011
Experienced User
Black Seed Oil is good, but not enough
I had many of the problems that you all are describing-muscle weakness, numbness, difficulty speaking and walking, fatigue etc. What I learned is that MS patients generally are deficient in vitamin B12. Taking 1200-5000 mcg / per day should be sufficient. Just be sure not to take it with coffee. I noticed improvements in a couple of weeks.

B12 plays an important role in the production of myelin, helps to maintain nerve function and modulates the immune system. Plus, vegetarians should take B12 vitamins to stay healthy.

Other good supplements that I take include Vitamin D, B-complex, fish oil, black seed oil, MSM, and grape seed extract.
Please take the time to research the role these supplements play in relation to MS.

My diet is also very strict and extremely healthy, consisting of RAW fruits, seeds, nut, vegetables and oil fish like sardines and sockeye salmon. I also make green smoothies with vegan protein every morning. I also avoid wheat, gluten, alcohol, legumes and dairy. This has also helped to get rid of all my symptoms.

Also, stress contributes to symptoms of MS, so you may want to try yoga or find some way to control it if you are feeling overwhelmed.

Again, I encourage you to research the info provided. Knowledge is power.

Take care,

Tricia
|

replied April 17th, 2011
Hi Tricia,

Thanks a lot for sharing all your information. It does seem a tough disease to control. Do you have the id of Fakhoury's forum by any chance, since you seem to be a regular on this page?

Thanks, once again.
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2011
Experienced User
Hey Anindita,

This forum was not started by Fakhoury. (Check the name.) I noticed that you've tried to contact him before on his forum, but received no answer. It sounded like you needed one fast.

BTW I noticed that black seed oil does gives me a boost. As Fakhoury explained, the real test of its effectiveness in terms of reversing MS is seen after using it for a long period of time.

Again, although it is good, black seed oil does NOT replace other essential vitamins ( especially vitamin d), that MS patients absolutley need. That would be way too easy. (lol) Once you do more research, you'll discover for yourself how vital they are.
|

replied April 17th, 2011
yah u bet! it will be a long haul. MS feels like being buried alive. Anyways I will continue the BSO, the ayurvedic meds, yoga, horrible bland food and hope for the best. I am also in touch with alternative med doctors in Nagpur and Cochin, both in India, who use a device called Pyroenergen (imported from Philippines) for many kinds of incurable diseases (MS is one of them). they plan to start a clinic in Bangalore soon ...well i will be one of their first patients. will keep you posted.Take care:)
|