Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Help From Anyone Who Has Been Through a Tubal Pregnancy! (Page 1)

I am 10 weeks and I thought I was going through a miscarriage. Yesterday I had a vaginal ultrasound and the doctor thought she saw something. They took my hormone level a week ago and then yesterday. It is staying the same which means no pregnancybut also no miscarriage. The thing that is confusing me is I am spotting, but I have no pain and none of the symptoms of a tubal pregnancy. Has anyone ever been through this? Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
?
One of my friends had this she actually carried up till she was 36 weeks. They had to do very close watching on her. It is probably one of the most hardest pregnancys you know.
|

Experienced User
Tracie, I had a tubal pregnancy. I was spotting and had some pretty severe pain where the pregnancy was. The doctor was able to know it was tubal 1)because they could not see anything in the ultrasound 2)when you hcg reaches 2500 you are supposed to see something in uterus or hear a heartbeat.

If you levels do not rise, you could be experiencing a tubal pregnancy, or a missed abortion. I would really ask you doctor to tell you what he thinks is going on. If it is tubal you want it taken care of immediately to make sure you don't jeapordize your future fertility. Because my doc did not act fast enough I lost my right tube--it made it so much harder to get pregnant again.

Good luck to you, and I hope everything works out.

Nancy
|

Thanks
Thank you nancy. I have another appointment tomorrow morning. I am so glad that I saw the doctor I saw yesterday. She took her time unlike tjhe first doctor I saw. I had never met him, but he rushed through the ultrasound and told me I probably was just not as far along as I thought!!! I am just ready to know what is going on. It is so hard going through this. Not really knowing what is going on. Hopefully tomorrow's test will let them know! Thank you!
|

Experienced User
Tracie ask them to check your levels. If they are doubling every 2 days then you have a good pregnancy. If they aren't then the doc should know what to do from there. I really hope it is not ectopic, and that the first doc was right about you not being as far along as you thought. Best of luck to you and if you need anything feel free to pm me. Let me know what happens on your test tomorrow. Good luck!

Nancy
|

Experienced User
I'v Been There Also!
I had no idea I was pregnant but I was spotting and having unbearable pain. I went to the hospital one night when the pain got so bad I couldn't stand it. The doc did a pregnancy test and it was positive. I was shocked because my husband (boyfriend at the time) and I were very careful. Anyways, the doc siad it sounded to him like I was having an eptopic pregnancy. I had no idea what that was so needless to say I was scared to death. Next the doc ordered and ultra sound and they found nothing, which made them think I was having an eptopic even more. They ended up sendng me home and had me go to the doctor the next day. They checked my hcg levels and they had dropped alot...Which meant I was having a miscarriage, not a tubal. The doc later told me that the reason they couldn't see anything on ultra sound was because I was less then three weeks pregnant.

I hope you aren't having a eptopic pregnancy!!! Try not to be to upset if you are miscarrying. I got pregnant again about 4 months after my miscarriage and have a beautiful 2 month old baby boy.

Good luck!!! Let us knw what happens!!! You are in my prayers!!

:wink: teresa
|

Experienced User
Sorry Nancy
I forgot to mention how sorry I am to hear about your tubal pregnancy nacny. Do you have any children now?

:wink: teresa
|

Experienced User
Actually teresa, I am a little over 5 wks pg right now. I have my first ultrasound on thurs. Kind of excited but scared because of what i've been through.

Nancy
|

replied September 21st, 2005
Experienced User
Ohhhh....So exciting!!! Everything will be fine, try not to worry...Stress isn't good for you or the baby. Are you hoping for a boy or a girl? Let me know how the ultra sound goes!!

Teresa
|

Baby
Yeah dont stress. Trust me its not good for the baby
|

Experienced User
Tracie
Tracie, did you see your doc. Today. What did he say?

Nancy
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It is always good to get a second opinion and especially if you do not feel to great about the 1st one's opinion as this is your right.
|

replied September 22nd, 2005
Hello All
Sorry I have left everyone hanging. I got a call form them this morning and my levels had dropped but now they are back up to 529 so it is ectopic. I have to go in today to discuss the pill they are going to give me. I am sad, but at the same time I am ready for it to be over with. I have been going through this for two weeks now. When I went in on monday they did another ultrasound and my sac was filled with blood then that is when the doctor thought she saw something in my tube. I am not in any pain so I am glad they caught it earlier than later. I have two beautiful kids that I need to be healthy for. Alyssa grace is going to be 3 in december and ryan douglas is 17 months. So I am ready to put this behind me so I can be a good mommy to them. We want a third, but I think after this I am going to wait a while. It has been really hard on me. My husband is in illinois for work so that has been hard too. He left the day before we found out is could be ectopic. Thank you for your prayers and help. Hopefully in 6 months to a year I will be posting good news! I will talk to you ladies later. -tracie
|

Experienced User
I hope you have better luck. Take care hun... Sorry to hear about it.
|

Experienced User
Tracie, I am so sorry to hear that. But you are right, it is a good thing it was caught in time. I got pg again almost exactly 8 months after my tube was removed. So I suppose once you heal up, and are ready we can hear good news from you. Good luck, and let us know your procedure went well. Ask you doc about that pill and do some research on the net before you take it. I heard some pills can cause some pain and fainting. Take care,

nancy
|

Well...
I went to the doctor and they sent me to the hospital. They did more ultrasounds there, and they told me I was just miscarrying and that it is not tubal. They are going to make me come in throughout next week to check my levels to make sure. They were 510 from the results yesterday and they were 610 at the hospital tonight. It has been such a long day. My kids were with their grandma and they were so tired tonight. We pick ryan, my hubby, up tomorrow night at 9:15 and I am really excited. So hopefully we can make it through one more week of these doctor visits and things will get back to normal. Thank you for all your support and advice. -tracie
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Thoughts Are With You
I hate to ask this. But have you lost the baby yet. I will pray for you. Ryan that is my hubbys name to. I will pray for you. I am truly sorry
|

Angel
I haven't lost it yet. I thought they were going to do a d&c at the hospital last night but they didn't. I have to go in again tomorrow for more blood work. I am just really ready for this all to be over with. They are just taking their time. They said it was an "inevitable miscarriage" but they are still testing me for tubal. They said they were positive it wasn't tubal, but they are still watching me for a tubal. So I have no idea what is going on. They were supposed to figure it all out last night and take care of it so I was done with it all, but that didn't happen. So as far as I know, I haven't miscarried yet. I am just so glad that my husband is back tonight. It will bea little easier having him here again.
|

?
Yes it will. I am so sorry that they are putting you through all of this. I can say I have been there bf and it is hard. I will pray for you. I really dont know what to say but that I am here for you to talk to if that makes it any easier. I will pray for you and your family.

My question is this your blood is going up right? Well then why do they still say you will misscarry?
|

The first ultrasound showed an abnormal sac. At my second one, the sace had started to fill with blood. My count is going up but I think it is because my body probably still thinks it is pregnant. I haven't lost any tissue or anything.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...