Hey i have had this horrible back pain for a year now. I have went to a chiro. Back in nov. Last year got worse so i stoped going. Now i have had therapy, hasn't helped. I take a muscle relaxer every night, but some nights it doesn't help like last night. I clean for a living and i know that is makes it worse but i think it is in my spine. So my doctor is having me go in for a mri next week, but he doesn;t think it is a disk or anyhting like that. I know its not muscular because i can feel it in my spine and the pills don't help all the time... Any suggestions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 9th, 2003
Experienced User
If I were you, i'd stay off my back for a while. Spinal damage can be deadly. I'd also get a great doctor.

If your pain links to the spine and you're not properly taken care of, a roller coaster of unpredictability will give your mind something painful to dwell upon for the rest of your life. Be careful how you use your back. That's my advice.

Patrick
|

replied September 20th, 2003
Back Pain
I have degerative disc disease from c4 to lower lumbar. I dont want surgery but dont want to stay on pills the rest of my life Sad
|

replied October 13th, 2003
Found What the Pain Is
Hey I had that mri and I found that it is a bulging disk in between my upper 3 and 4th vertabre....I am having acupunture done but can't tell you if it's gotten better cause I have only had one treatment and today will be 2, but I will keep u informed...Thanks Laughing
|

replied October 20th, 2003
I Have Been In Heaven Lately...
Hey since I have been going to get accupuncture I have seriously been in heaven...She has mainly been concentrating on my upper part where the bulged disc is and now that I am better we are going to go lower for a bit...If anyone has had pain do accupuncture....It is sooooo relaxing....
|

replied October 27th, 2003
Lower Back Pain-sciatica Nerve
I have just joined and been reading all the messages and was wondering if anyone knows what to do about a sciatica nerve problem? My mom has been suffering since june and the doctors have tried everything from chiropractic, acupunture, morphine, demorall, tylenol 3 with codeine, and some even stronger medicines. Also she has tried ice and heat therapy. Can anyone help? My mom is 66 and until then was more energetic before this than most 20 year olds.
Thanks
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...