Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
Yesterday I found out I have a cyst on my right ovary and the doctor never explained to me what it is,my mother in low said that it will hurt when it bursts,can someone help me and tell me about cysts on ovarys please :)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper P
|

replied September 26th, 2005
I've had a lot of cysts....I've only had one that ruptured though....And it was very painful, but the pain does ebb. If it does rupture, you'll know and you'll want to go to the doctor....I'm sorry you have cysts and I hope your's doesn't rupture....Sometimes they don't- they'll fade away on their own, or the doctors might decide to remove it if it gets too big....
|

replied September 29th, 2005
Also Newly Diagnosed With Cysts
I just found out yesterday that I have cysts on my left ovary after going to the doctor many times complaining with pelvic pain. I called a friend of me who recently had 10 on one of her ovaries, and she assured me that they usually do not cause problems, unless they burst. She said she's had cysts for many years and has only had 2 burst. It really eased my mind to know that it's probably not going to effect my daily life.
|

replied October 24th, 2005
How Long Does the Pain Last ?
Hello,

i think I have a cyst on my right ovary too. (i went for an ultersounda week ago, but I haven't go the results back). At first I thought it was pregnancy (b/c of other symptoms I seemed to have). But I just got my period yesterday. But the pain is still there (i have had it for about 4-5 weeks now) the pain is to the right of my belly button mostly, and sometimes under my belly button.

My question is, how long does the pain last with a cyst ? I know everyone is probably different, but is over a month normal ??

Thank you !
|
Users who thank Waiting? for this post: MrsTeller 

replied October 24th, 2005
Its Different
My pain lasted for about 2 months like that then it went away. It's not been gone too long, and now it's starting back. It's not as bad as it was the first time though. My gyn told me that sometimes they may cause pain for long periods of time, and sometimes only short periods of time.
|

replied October 28th, 2005
Cyst On Ovary
My friend just found out she had one, she was in pain she is getting it removed today hopefuly.
Definately if you have pain go to the doctor! :(
|

replied November 11th, 2005
Mine started with a strong pain on my stomach, which the end the doctors found out that we had a few of cyst, but one of them opened up inside of me and I had a really bad infections, instead of 11,000 white globes, mine was 26,000. Thank god I am already out of the hospital and everything came out negative. =) you will be fine as well. Just have faith.

Thank you!
|

replied January 24th, 2006
Ovarian Cysts
I also have cysts that rupture on my ovaries. It is quite possibly the most painful thing I have ever experienced. My pain usually starts in my lower back and works its way around to the front and then down. The first time I went to the doctor they gave me and ultrasound that they use in the first trimester of pregnancy and then prescribed me some pretty strong narcotics to take away the pain, but they said that there really wasnt any solution....They just have to go away on their own. I now have an appointment at the mayo clinic in rochester, mn to take a look and see what I can do to prevent the cysts, and if there has been any damange. Good luck!
|

replied April 24th, 2006
Hello

i discovered I had a cyst on my ovary when I was 18. I had no pain at all, but knew something was up because I was bleeding for up to 20 days in a row. I dont ever get period pain so that was probably why I felt no pain with my cyst...

My gyno put me in for an op and discovered that the cyst had damaged the ovary, because it had over 600ml of fluid in it, and so it was removed.

Perhaps if you ladies have a repeat offender giving you multiple cysts you could ask about removing the ovary and keeping the other? My periods etc are all perfect now, and my gyno said that the remaining ovary will just take over egg production from the other ovary. They usually release an egg once every two months, so alternating, but now my left ovary just releases every month.

Im only 21, and so I have been told that I must stay on the pill to keep the left ovary healthy to ensure that I am fertile ...

Has anyone else had one removed?
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Experienced User
I found out I had one yesterday and it ruptured. The only way it was even found was because of my bladder being so full and unusual fluid in my system. I hope the pain goes away soon. I feel very tired and feel like I have very little energy. They told me to take birthcontrol.

:? Maybe the pain will go away soon. How long does it usually last?
|

replied May 20th, 2006
Experienced User
rinsha wrote:
i found out I had one yesterday and it ruptured. The only way it was even found was because of my bladder being so full and unusual fluid in my system. I hope the pain goes away soon. I feel very tired and feel like I have very little energy. They told me to take birthcontrol.

:? Maybe the pain will go away soon. How long does it usually last?

well I went back to the doctor the next day because I couldn't pee and my stomach started swelling like I was pregnant. The ruptured cyst had caused this alone with fever and chills. One minute I am burning up the next I cant keep enough cover around me. The doctor had to put a catheran in too. I am to go back monday and get it taken out to see if I can use the restroom on my own. :?
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
When can you say if the cyst can be removed by pills and when it requires surgery?
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
They gave me the pill first trip to the er and said it would help my hormoens balance. I didn't start taking them yet I was suppost to start sunday but since they had me on an antiobiotic and I had seen another doctor other than my own that morning in the er, I waited to make sure it was okay to take the two together. I asked my doctor and so I will start taking the birthcontrol this sunday. As far as surgery luckily I don't have to have any. So I really don't know anything about the surgery part.

But gl!!! The doctor told me most cyst go away sometimes even on there own but if you start getting stressed it will rupture and thats what happened to me. Just start taking the birthcontrol thats what my doc told me and yours should heal up.. Hopefully!!!

Good luck if you have one to rupture the pain last over two weeks so go get checked out if you believe you have one :d
|

replied August 30th, 2006
I've had a cyst or cysts on my ovaries as well. My pain lasted almost a yr before it got bad enough for me to go to the doc and get an ultrasound. The xray tech said that my cyst was big like 3cm? I forget exactly the size but it was big.
At first the pain was very slight like an upset stomach that's why I never went to the doc but then it got to be so bad taht I just to collapse to the ground cause of the pain and then it got more frequent.
One day at school I was getting changed from gym and I had collapsed to the floor crying. My friend's picked me up and took me to the nurse who then called my mom. My mom took me to the doc to get permission for an ultrasound and then I went that day for my ultrasound.
That's how I found out I had a cyst that had ruptured and was like 3cm big. It was very painful and I recommend getting it check out asap for anyone who is female and has pain near thier ovaries.
I haven't had, to my knowledge, any complications from the ruptured cyst except that for a while after it's rupture I continued to have ovarian pain that I thought to be more cysts but I have no idea.
|

replied December 5th, 2006
Experienced User
the Pain Has Returned
Mad well I thought I was doing well, almost a year later. But now the painful ovarian pains have returned. I have a job now, and a boss that doesn't understand <being a man> lol.

Anyways, my point is I have been back to the doctors they haven't found a cyst so far, which could also mean another has ruptured. Correct? I remember the pain the morning my cyst's ruptured last year and it was a type of pain I will never forget.

Have any of you ever had the pains come back, I am having serious pains, cramps and ect. Last go around I ended up having my kidneys and bladder shut down. It's just very painful and I am young and scared >.< I talked to my doctor's nurse and she said she really couldn't give me any answers.

Thanks for reading, and all replies are appreciated.

Rinsha
|

replied March 20th, 2009
I Had a cyst rupture last night right after sex, my husband had to help me stand up or even walk, it felt as bad as labor pains!! I called my doctor this morning, she checked me out, sent me for an ultrasound, found a large left ovarian cyst that had ruptured...gave me lortabs for pain....still hurting...have a follow up on monday.
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
Ovarian Cysts
Hello,

I have been having these pains for 4months as well as heavy bleeding almost non stop. I have been to see 3 different doctors, each one sent me away with pain killers. It was not until I callapsed and ended up in A&E that someone actually listened to me!

Anyway I had an ultrasound and blood test and they have found a cyst on my right ovary (3cm), but they told me that they dont think this could cause all of my symptoms and the serverity of them. They think that this could be endometriosis....look it up. I will have to have keyhole surgery to find out. If your worried then it might be worth asking if its possible if you could have this. The symptoms are very similar, but the pain is all over instead of being in one place. And it also hurts to have sexual intercourse.

I do not want to worry anyone as this is quite serious, but I know first hand how doctors do not listen or check you properly, so just an idea.

Hope this may help someone.

Thanks
|

replied June 21st, 2009
Large Ovarian Cyst
I was just in the hospital on Friday and found out I have 3 cysts, one of which is going to rupture. I can't understand why they would let me go home in such excruciating pain and make me wait until this damn thing ruptures. The burning and tugging sensation in my stomach is killing me. I look like I am 3 months pregnant. This sucks.
|

replied August 21st, 2009
I am 29 years old and I have endometriosis. I had been complaining of period pains for many years but was constantly fobbed off. I was eventually diagnosed with endometriosis at 26 years old after having a laparoscopy. Since then I have had 3 laparoscopies, and have been through various different treatments: various contraceptive pills, zoladex injections, provera pills...you name it I've had it. The only thing that stopped my periods was the injections, but they gave me profound side effects. The last laparoscopy I had was on 22nd June this year; I also had the mirena coil fitted at the same time, but at the moment I am still experiencing problems, pain etc... I had a pelvic scan on Wednesday and was told that I have a large cyst on my right ovary. What a bummer! I've just recovered from surgery and now I'm being referred again. I don't understand how they missed it, or how it could have grown so rapidly... will keep you posted.
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
Ovarian Cyst
How long does this pain last? I found out Friday morning that I had a cyst rupture and the doctor said that the pain would stop within 24 hours. I have had this pain since my colposcopy last Tuesday. I have never had one burst but this is the worst pain ever.
|