Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

My Pelvis Feels Like It Will Snap

And my pubic bone is aching like a feeling of really bad pressure down there.This sounds terrible but I find I am walking around holding my pubic bone as it seems to ease the feeling of pressure.I am 30 weeks preg with my second child and never experienced this feeling with the first does anybody know what this could mean ? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thankyou in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2005
Well i've been feeling like that all day today and i'm nearly 32 wks, I don't know what could be causing it, i'm really tiny like you can tell i'm pg but I look 4 or 5 months, i'm just hoping its nothing serious. Good luck to you
|

User Profile
replied September 16th, 2005
Experienced User
I Hear You !!!!
I'm about 33 weeks with my second, and i've been feeling that for about a fortnight already !!!
Your baby's head has dropped into your pelvic cavity, and the presure on the nerves there causes all that pain- it can also spread down the insides of your legs. I didn't feel it so badly with my first, but this time... Yyeeeoowwcch.

Heat can help, although it's a tricky place to balance a hotwater bottle, especially when we aren't supposed to be lying on our backs. I use one of those wheat bags you heat in the mocrowave- a long one, and I put it between my legs, it reaches up my back a little, and up to my pelvic bone at the front.

You can take paracetemol, see if it helps. The bad news is, that once the baby gets into that spot, they don't tend to move out of it again- they like it there.
Just try to find some comfy positions to lie in, be creative with pillows, take it easy and lie down when you can, I didn't think i'd be able to stand another 10 weeks of being pregnant with that amount of discomfort, but now, 3 weeks later, i'm kinda used to it.
Hang in there.
|

replied September 18th, 2005
So that's what it is.It was worrying me a little I feel much better now I realise it happens to others(more common than I first thought).Thankyou so much for that advice it is just a horrible feeling that I never have experienced before.
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Experienced User
I broke my pelvis and pubic bone in a ca crash 2 years ago. I am pregnant with my third child noe and im telling you the feeling down there is unbarable but it is presure from the babys head settleing into the pelvis geting ready for birth. I cant have a natural birth this time in fear of my pelvis breaking again.
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Let ur gyn know about the pain, and he/she can give u some medicines or ideas according to ur preg status and body condition. Coz, u dun want to do anything harsh at this moment through prego.

Take care n rest well gals...
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...