I wasn't sure what category to put this under. My friend got bit by a tick a couple of months ago. He had no rash or any other symtoms that he can think of, but lately he has had some wrist pain. He will have it in one wrist and then in the other and also some knee pain. Now he is having pain in all these places and muscle pain in his back. He has not had any injury that would have made his joints or muscles sore. I do not know if this has anything to do with it, but he has crohn's disease as well which lower's his immune system. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2005
Re: Ticks
hb30427 wrote:
i wasn't sure what category to put this under. My friend got bit by a tick a couple of months ago. He had no rash or any other symtoms that he can think of, but lately he has had some wrist pain. He will have it in one wrist and then in the other and also some knee pain. Now he is having pain in all these places and muscle pain in his back. He has not had any injury that would have made his joints or muscles sore. I do not know if this has anything to do with it, but he has crohn's disease as well which lower's his immune system. Does anyone know what the problem is?

sorry I can't help, but I didn't know that ticks actually bit you. I guess it makes sense, but I just thought they burried themselves in your skin, which I suppose could lead to various problems.

Anyway, sounds like something that a doctor could answer.
|

replied June 6th, 2009
Tick Bite
This sounds like Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. A friend of mine has that now from a single tick bite. They can treat this with meds. But, if not treated, it can even cause death or chronic pain.
Please see a doctor especially since your friend has an autoimmune disorder. RMS fever could compromise his health due to other body system complications.
|
Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....