Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Strange Disgestive Problem Ive Had For 3 Years...

Hi every1,

i have preety much run out of options, so I decided I would post my problem here and maybe get an answer. Ok here it goes:

i am a 17 year old male and have had a bad stomach problem since I was 14. I get bad cramping and bloating feelings in my stomach alot, and have a bowel movent usually 3 to 4 times a day, and am underweight. Ive been to over 8 gastrointerologists, but they never found the problem, and always mark it as just ibs. Ive got another appointment with one in another few months. Ive had a colonoscopy (sp?) and endoscopy with biopsys taken, but everything came out perfect in those. The only thing that was found was by one of the gastrointerologists, was that I have a bad intolerance to the sugar fructose, about a year ago, but ive been avoiding that like the plague, and still get the same problem. Other then my stomach I am very healthy, and very strong for my weight, I at times feel energy drained, but not real badly. I am almost constantly hungry. I can wake up and eat scrambled eggs with 5 jumbo eggs, and be hungry again in another 1/2 hr.

Well thats the gist of it. I hope someone out there has an answer for this, thanks to all who read and reply to this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 18th, 2005
Were you tested for celiac disease? Or maybe it could be a parasite.
|

replied September 20th, 2005
Yea I was tested for celiac disease and a parasite through colonoscopy and endoscopy. They did something called a biopsy, meaning they cut out little pieces from my intestine wall to study to diagnose if I had celiac disease, which if theyre was a parasite living in my digestive tract, would have been found as well. But I came out negative, meaning I was fine.
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....