Let me give you the history first.
Four years ago I hurt my back when we moved. I did pt, esi, and chiropractor. Got better for a while, then I reinjured it at work. More pt.. But was denied surgery. Did chiro on my own, until I couldn't afford it anymore. Then I injured it again.. Doing pt now. But it is not helping (again). I have 2 bulging dics (l3-l4 and l1-l2) and one herniation at l5-s1. I have severe lower back pain, my right foot is numb and I have sciatica pain going down my right buttock and at times, into my right hip. I also were a lumbar corset at all times, excpet when sleeping.

I really can't take the pain anymore. 4 years is a long time to deal with this. Any mis-step, strain, lift has always caused short-term pain.. But the 2 re-injuries are extreme and last a long time.

I mostly just want to vent somewhere where someone understands.

I have a desk job and the sitting for 8 hours can send me into fits of tears some days. I take vicodin and naproxen, but I seem to have built up immunity for vicodin, as I have to take 2 to feel any relief. So I don't take any, I don't want to become addicted. I traded a friend for some percocet, and only take them at night so I can sleep. Plus the painkillers are making me gain weight...( I just lost over 60 pounds... I refuse to put it all back on)

i have 2 more weeks of pt, then my neurosurgeon appointment. I think i'm going to tell him I want surgery. (laminectomyand discectomy)

but... I've read several times that people that have surgery either re-herniate and need more surgery, or the surgery is not successful (either scar tissue or nerve damage)

i guess i'm just confused and stressed and scared.

The one thing I do know is that I need to do something. I can't live like this. I'm 36 years old and feel like i'm 90..

Thanks for listening (reading) to me rant.. Sometimes it's just overwhelming..

Brenda
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper stertaz
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Welcome
Hi stertaz ~

welcome to the board! I sent you a private message (pm).

Shirl :d
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...