Before I started taking meds I would have visions. In them I would see myself hurting or killing someone. They always happened when I had something in my hand that could be used like a knife or a hammer.

Now I take risperdal and the visions are gone but I still have disturbing thoughts and urges. Today at work there was a man standing near me and I had a screwdriver in my hand and I got the urge to stab him in the side with it. A moment later I was horrified that I had even thought of it.

I have never been a violent person but this scares me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 15th, 2005
That's weird but neat, since i'm so fascinated by these kinds of things. I have those thoughts but am not horrified by them
|

replied September 20th, 2005
I get those sorts of weird urges aswell sometimes, I do not know what you can do about them but if you are a danger to someone else or your self maybe you will need something to stop this before it goes too far and you really hurt someone.
|
Tags: meds
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....