Hello. I am only 16 years and this really worries me. One time I smoked weed, and it was a bad decision. I had a really bad reaction and my heart started pounding. I thought I was going to die. I know this is wrong, but please read.

To get to the main point of the story, two weeks later. I was going to bed, and I felt my heart beating abnormally hard. It worried me, and I couldnt sleep. I let it go on for a few days, and it would really pound hard sometimes. It seemed sometimes like it would pound more when I stood up, then sat down. I was scared, so I went to the doctor. The doctor told me its most likely anxiety, and to lay off on the caffeine. If that did not help it, then call back. I called back 3 weeks later, as it still did it. He scheduled me a cardiologist, and I went and visited her. At this point, it did it much less, but it still pounded. She told me it was also most likely anxiety, because my ekg or whatever looked good, and my heart sounded healthy. At the time, my blood pressure was somewhat high. It was around 130/80, which is high for somebody my age. She told me it was stress, because my grandfather had just died. She told me to just relax, and if it kept going on, call back. It kept going on, but not as bad. I hoped it would go away, but it didnt. I called for another doctors appointment, because my blood pressure might still be high.Sometimes I get chest pains, but there not too bad. I got it checked, and it was. It ranges from 130-150/80-90. It is somewhat high for a kid.

Now heres the question, could all of this be caused by high blood pressure? Or could this high blood pressure be due to something wrong with my heart. Could smoking have had something to do with it all, since it did somewhat start with that? Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 14th, 2005
Rapid Rescue Just 4 U My Little Chum
Try snorting some coke that should put you and your heart to ease, let me know once you have then tell me how you felt.
|

replied October 9th, 2005
Re: High Blood Pressure/heart Pounding
hellohelpmeplease wrote:
hello. I am only 16 years and this really worries me. One time I smoked weed, and it was a bad decision. I had a really bad reaction and my heart started pounding. I thought I was going to die. I know this is wrong, but please read.

To get to the main point of the story, two weeks later. I was going to bed, and I felt my heart beating abnormally hard. It worried me, and I couldnt sleep. I let it go on for a few days, and it would really pound hard sometimes. It seemed sometimes like it would pound more when I stood up, then sat down. I was scared, so I went to the doctor. The doctor told me its most likely anxiety, and to lay off on the caffeine. If that did not help it, then call back. I called back 3 weeks later, as it still did it. He scheduled me a cardiologist, and I went and visited her. At this point, it did it much less, but it still pounded. She told me it was also most likely anxiety, because my ekg or whatever looked good, and my heart sounded healthy. At the time, my blood pressure was somewhat high. It was around 130/80, which is high for somebody my age. She told me it was stress, because my grandfather had just died. She told me to just relax, and if it kept going on, call back. It kept going on, but not as bad. I hoped it would go away, but it didnt. I called for another doctors appointment, because my blood pressure might still be high.Sometimes I get chest pains, but there not too bad. I got it checked, and it was. It ranges from 130-150/80-90. It is somewhat high for a kid.

Now heres the question, could all of this be caused by high blood pressure? Or could this high blood pressure be due to something wrong with my heart. Could smoking have had something to do with it all, since it did somewhat start with that? Please help!

even me (44f) suffering this high bp (140/100) with heart pounding. Even after medication my diastolic pressure didnot reduce nor the pounding stopped...Me too need some advice
|

replied July 28th, 2008
its not the weed bro
ive got a friend who had a similar experience with weed, and he thought there was something wrong with his heart several months afterward and was very nervous. i can assure you this is not the case, most liekly what you experienced is a panic attack, and are currently experiencing stress. you may actually have high blood pressure due to other reasons, im only 18 and i have the same bp as you. but i can assure you its not the weed, i have been smoking marijuana heavily for over 6 years and currently have a medical license, i have done much research on teh topic including reading some pretty giant books cover to cover since i am very careful abotu waht i put into my body. marijuana actually speeds up heart rate and lowers yoru blood pressure, and long term it has actually been shown to decrease blood pressure. to test it, check your bp before smoking, and after, after smoking its usually liek 15 points lower, unless youre flipping out.
|
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....