Hi all,

well I am 16 and I just found out on the 8th of this month that I am pregnant.. I am happy about it but at the same time I am really scared... Like I live with my dads parents and my boyfriend still lives at home... I just don't know how to tell my family... Any ideas would be great thanx...

~ashley~
*mommy to be*
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 12th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I think writing a letter is a good way to tell them. This way you will not be interrupted.
Good luck, they may be disappointed at first, but a baby is a blessing and they'll get over it.
|

Experienced User
Thanx... I just hope that works... I jsut don't want them to turn around and kick me out or something. I am so worryed about that...

~ashley~
|

Extremely eHealthy
When you find out your pregnant is when you need your parents the most. I hope that they will stand by you. I bet they will and when the shock wears off that they will be really excited.

Good luck hun.
|

Experienced User
Hey, I mean I want to tell my grandparents first becasue I live with them. Then tell my dad. But I don't know if I want to tell my mom becasue her and her family want nothing to do with me, and I don't want to be stressed out becase of them. Thats why I am so worried about telling anyone.

~ashley~
|

replied September 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I was 15 when I found out. I was scared ****less. It is never an easy thing to tell your family for fear of the anger, disappointment, etc., but it has to be done. I made my bf be at my side when I told my parents.

Not to scare you, but when we told my parents it wasn't pretty. My dad was super angry and my mom had to hold him back. I now understand, years later, it was out of their own fear, anger, and love for me that they reacted the way they did.

At first my parents tried to get me an abortion, but I was too far along. I didn't even realize I was pregnant until I was 4 - 5 months. I was never regular with my periods, didn't have any signs or symptoms. I didn't know until I felt the baby moving inside me. Anyway, my mom told me later on that secretly she was glad that it was too late to abort.

After about a month, or two, went by they adjusted and began to accept that they were going to have a grandchild. From the time the accepted it they were fully supportive of me.

So, however you decide to tell them, it will not be easy. Especially being of an older generation with different beliefs, it will take them some time to go through the emotions before finally accepting the fact that you are pregnant and plan on keeping the baby. Just hold steady and keep your head up! It is not the end of the world.

I would suggest, however, that you try to still graduate from high school, and continue on with any plans for college. You and your bf are still very young. At this tme he may say that he will be by your side, but once reality hits sometimes it is just too much for them to handle and they take flight. You will be much better off finding some forms of financial security for yourself and your baby so that you will not have to solely rely on your bf for support. That way if he does leave later on you will not be financially devastated.
|

replied September 13th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey thanx. I know my grandparents wouldnt be to bad about it, I mean my mom and dad had me at 17 and my grandparents were right there for them. And i'm doing alc at home becasue I havent been in school since my 16th birthday... But I mean its the fact then when my grandparents find out they will tell me that I need to tell me mom and her family, becasue my grandma says they are my family she trys so hard with me to like my mom but I have not liked that women since I was 3. She never wanted kids, but oh well she had me. But I mean my boyfriend is 18 so some people say he wont be there, but I have a lot of faith in him to stick by me and this baby. And I mean my whole family loves him, not to sure home much after this. Like he has told me since we found out that he was always going to be around. But I have always been the type of person to never reli on someone else. So I mean if he ever did leave it would crush me but at the same time I know I could do it with out anyone. I will have the baby at 17. And then you have his mom, she loves me right now and so does his dad but his mom wow she will freak out and hate me and tell me to never come around her house and so on and so on, thats the type of person she is, but his dad told us before that if this ever happened we do his best to help out. But i'm not sure that I really want to be there when he tells his mom... Should I be? I want him here becasue my grandparents wont act that way, they will be upset but they wont say anything like that to him. And if his mom kicks him out or something (she has before over something stupid ) but took him back.. My grandparents would let him leave here like they did with my mom but they would say different rooms you to did enought sleeping together.. (they said that to my mom and dad ) lol... But I mean I see were there coming form. But anyways I better get going. But thanx to you all who took the time and are taking the time to read this and leave a few to help...

Thanx again

~ashley~
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...