Medical Questions > Parenting > Toddlers Forum

Small blisters on my child's face

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
It's been about a year since we first noticed these blister-like bumps around my 2 year old's right eye, now the bumps have gotten bigger and spread. I took her to the doctor in our small town but I worried she wasn't diagnosed properly. Does this make since to anyone? I want to know what those bumps are. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper concerned mom of 2
|

replied August 21st, 2003
I Can't Belive Someone On This Site Has the Same Issue
My son is 4 yrs old and was born with one tiny dot on his forehead. Dr's said don't worry mom it will go away a year later he had 2 dots on his forehead the size if pin heads. The dr's again said not to worry. Well needless to say he is 4 yrs old now and has 8 blister looking things in the middle of his head. I don't know what they are but these damn dr's down here don't help the matter. Hopefully on this site we could both get some answers.
So if anyone has any idea please respond.
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2008
Community Volunteer
maybe...
my now six year old had some bumps on his forehead that looked like little liquid filled blisters as well, same color as his skin, hard to the touch. they spread to some other parts of his body; trunk, legs, arms. dr. diagnosed these bumps as molluscum (sp?) contagiosum...maybe your children might have it...could also be a mild form of eczema, acne (yes they can get mild cases) or another type of rash
|

replied August 26th, 2008
I have the same concern/problem
My son is 4 now and I noticed these bumps when he was around 2. He had just a few on his chin just under his lip. They are very small and light in color (skin color). I had taken him to a couple of different dr's and the same as everyone else on here-I hear "oh it's nothing,they will go away" or "he may have an allergy to something". Well I'm extremely confused because they have spread to other parts of his body. He has one on his leg behind his knee and it has gotten bigger. He has one on his index finger and a few on his arms. The ones on his chin occasionally seem to clear up and come right back??!I know this is not normal nor contagious because I have another son and he doesn't have them nor do my husband or I. I am more concerned that it could be a sign of something serious. I hope it's not a sign of an illness or infection,but I am clueless as to why he has them and I don't want them to keep spreading.
I don't want to say I was happy to see someone has the same problem,but it's nice to know you are not alone or crazy-the dr's are good at making you feel that way sometimes!I'm sure if the dr's knew how concerned we were and took the time to look into questions that we have they might be able to help! Hopefully out of us all -one of us might get the answer we are looking for.
|

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Re: I have the same concern/problem
concerned mom of 2 wrote:
My son is 4 now and I noticed these bumps when he was around 2. He had just a few on his chin just under his lip. They are very small and light in color (skin color). I had taken him to a couple of different dr's and the same as everyone else on here-I hear "oh it's nothing,they will go away" or "he may have an allergy to something". Well I'm extremely confused because they have spread to other parts of his body. He has one on his leg behind his knee and it has gotten bigger. He has one on his index finger and a few on his arms. The ones on his chin occasionally seem to clear up and come right back??!I know this is not normal nor contagious because I have another son and he doesn't have them nor do my husband or I. I am more concerned that it could be a sign of something serious. I hope it's not a sign of an illness or infection,but I am clueless as to why he has them and I don't want them to keep spreading.
I don't want to say I was happy to see someone has the same problem,but it's nice to know you are not alone or crazy-the dr's are good at making you feel that way sometimes!I'm sure if the dr's knew how concerned we were and took the time to look into questions that we have they might be able to help! Hopefully out of us all -one of us might get the answer we are looking for.
|

replied June 13th, 2009
Just wanted to say that my two year old daughter had the same thing and it lasted for nearly two and a half years. They look like tiny blisters and come and go mostly on the face but also on the limbs and trunk of the body. After seeing several doctors I was told that it was a type of wart, most people have immunities to it (so it doesn't spread to adults at all and rarely to other children) and there's nothing they can do to remove them without leaving scars. Luckily they have a life span of no more than three years. My daughter no longer has them, they just disappeared one day and didn't come back so if that's what your children have too than you should almost be done!
|

replied October 16th, 2009
I HAVE THE CURE -
I HAVE THE CURE -
My son had these bumps (molluscum) concentrated heavily around his chin and eye and they spread all over his face and neck and to his chest. They spread from opening of the lesions when scratching or rubbing. Don't share towels or washcloths. Use a clean washcloth every time you clean your child after messes or eating and put it in the soiled laundry after use. Treat the infected area with 10% benzoyl peroxide (acne) cream or gel, twice a day. Any cream will work, I used zapzit (sp). Be careful when applying around eyes and mouth. You should see results within 7-10 days. Once the lesions are gone, they are no longer infectious as the virus lives in the skin. Stubborn bumps or those under clothing can be treated by covering them with tape until they disappear due to suffocation. Nexcare 3M (tan colored waterproof) tape works the best.
|

replied February 12th, 2010
Blisters
My 2 year old daughter has these blisters.. i noticed them last night first her left side of her face was bright red.. then about an hour later there was these little blisters under her eye.. then they were gone and showed up on her left arm
|

replied July 15th, 2010
Little white blisters on my child - don't worry they WILL go.
Molluscum is in the same family as the wart. Little white pin hed blisters that eventually pop of their own accord and it is this liquid that is highly infectious and spreads. Once burst the spot will go. No really effective cure other than the body creating antibodies. Takes usually around 1year to 18 months. No child should be kept off school and their are health guidelines you can print off to show this. When the spot gets juicy looking cover with a plaster to that no other child can come into contact with the pus. This complaint is common but I had never heard of it until all three of my children got this. My son was worst, the others were milder and school did notice. I printed out the government health guidelines, eductated the teachers (!) and they were supportive. My son had them on his trunk and forearms mostly. They don't hurt the child and I promise you they go of their own accord once the immune system has found its own cure. Docs did nothing, we did try an expensive cream costing almost 100 euros which can help in some cases, but it didn't work with us. So don't worry, they will go of their own accord and if you make light of it then so will your child. Good luck....
|

replied January 29th, 2011
i have just found two white little blisters on my childs face they are not over his body really worried about them does anyone have ideas he does have neonatal acne which he has had since he has been born maybe this is why???
|

replied July 23rd, 2011
Molluscum
I run a daycare in my home. I had a child over a year ago who had these blisters on her eyelids. I had no idea what they were until after they popped and 2 other kids in my care got them on thier faces too! YUK Well the other 2 still have them and they keep popping and spreading on their bodies. I kept covering the bumps when they got red with bandaides to try and stop the spreading but the parents wont bother so now I, at the age of 50 have some on my hands and one on my neck! So they can be spread to healthy adults also! Im thinking of freezing them like you would a planters wart and see if this works.
|

replied November 22nd, 2011
white spots on my 2yr old face
My son is 2yrs of age and he have little white spots that appeared on his face. It started wit one spot now its like nine! I need help have anyone ever experience this?
|

replied December 15th, 2011
My 6 yr. Old have small blisters on his face .It started with one now he have them all over his bottom of his face. Don't know what to do my dr. Said it might just be a reaction to something but I think it much more. He had them for 1week now and he said it hurts him some times plz help if u know what this is
|

replied September 10th, 2012
My son had these... Tea Tree Oil Works WONDERS!!!
My son had these around the age of 6. We tried everything, including very painful wart remover and duct tape (which is what our doctor suggested). It was diagnosed as Molluscum contagiosum. After the horrible experience with the wart remover, which burned his skin, I decided to look for homeopathic remedies. We ended up buying a body soap that had Tea Tree oil in it (we used Jason's). After bathing him in that soap, which I now use for everyone in our house because it is awesome, we would then dry his skin and use a Q-tip to apply pure Tea Tree Oil to each dot. Within a month, he had no more spots or break outs. Both of these items can be purchased at Whole Foods.
|
Quick Reply