Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

I Have Hives All Over My Body

Hello I am new here and I am wondering if anyone has had this this happened to me back in june and I went to the er they insisted that it was something I ate and gave me benydral and sent me home. Well I bought benydral and its not making a dent in these large welts all over me mostly my back and stomach. I dont know if this could be stress related or what. If there is anyone out there who has had this please let me know what you did thanks dd
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper savvi713
|

replied November 30th, 2003
Experienced User
In order to properly respond, do you have a fever? Are the hives itchy or anything or are they just there. You could be allergic to something that you ate, or came in contact with. But the only time I ever got hives was when I had scarlet fever and I will tell you what, they started on my leg and ended up on my whole entire body. Whole entire body. They were so itchy and nothing helped. I had them for about three weeks. It was awful. Anyway, if it is just a rash, give it a couple of days. You can take a bath in with baking soda, it will ease the itch. Hope I helped at least a little. If it persists, however, I would go to the doctor.
|

replied November 30th, 2003
Thanks for the advice, no I dont have any fever but these welts are real hot and yes they are very itchy the only thing that seems to help is cold compresses I was hoping they would be gone this morning but they just spread some more so hopefully if I can get a sitter later ill go to the er and get checked out. My neighbor was saying that they can break out in your mouth and if they go to your throat they could cut my breathing so I think I best get checked. :p

di
|

replied December 20th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I'm hoping that since you haven't posted since 11/30 that your hives/rash & itches are all gone; but if not post again with an update & i'll try & give various advice that i've found useful in a number of different situations over the years.
|

replied February 10th, 2009
anxiety attacks and hives
This isn't a question it is information that I am giving people for help.I read an article that said "that this could be condition called cholinergic urticaria and that it can be caused by anxiety. It is a form of hives that is related to release of certain chemicals from parts of the nervous system when body is in stressful situation. Only cure is to avoid stress and take some stress relievers and antihistamines. "
|

replied January 15th, 2010
I have the same thing right now and don't know what to do! It started off with my neck feeling itchy, so i was scratching it but then felt bumps along it (like skin colour, slightly raised). When I got home it was really itchy and i found these bumps all over my body. I don't know why, i'm not allergic to anything i don't think and haven't been super stressed lately..
|

replied February 3rd, 2010
I have a rash as well - all over my body and sometimes in my throat which makes breathing difficult. I've gone gluten and dairy free to try and sort it. If it helps though, I've been using lavender oil - dabbed directly on to my skin - to relieve the itching. It's a small relief sometimes (obviously it's up to you to make sure your skin doesn't have any problems with that). I hope it helps.
|

replied July 26th, 2010
Hello,

I am not a doctor but I know when my panic/anxiety attacks first came about( and they came on hard) within the first week or 2 My whole body was covered with hives. Head to toe, it was horrible. I looked like a giant misquito bite. I was told it was because of the panic attacks. Hope this helps
|

replied October 5th, 2010
I don't know what it is. Today, after I went to the ssi office my whole arm, from my wrist to my elbow turned bright red with bumps and it itches to. Both my legs from the knee on up are bright red, but some of the rash has gone away on my legs, though my back itches now and burns. I was doing fine, until I went to that office. When I go out to eat and Burger King, or at Mc Donalds and if my hand is on the table I brake out in welts all over my hands and arms. I do have panic attacks bad, my doc told me. I know certain chemicals I have to stay away from, or I sneeze and break out all over. I also get hay fever bad, with watery eyes and I have to keep blowing my noes and my eyes get all puffy under-neith. I should prob get some allergy test done. My arm seems better, some of the rash is gone and from my legs to, some of it's still there though.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Jeff Bailey
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
User Profile
Dr. Murray Grossan
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....