Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Positive Book On Living With Bipolar

Read loads of stuff some rubbish, some ok but have just read a really positive autobiography on living with it. The girl developed it her teens and is now and it is her story of getting it and being really really ill and then getting to grips with it.

Think it is the best account of the condition that I have read so far and it is a very positive account of learning to handle it. It is quite constructive with what she found helped her.

Her mum then wrote her version of the story too which is most unusual and will be very helpful for families and the professionals - there can't be many other joint publications on living with mental illness about. My folks found it very useful and they cope with me better now.

The naked bird watcher by suzy johnston
to walk on eggshells by jean johnston

maybe this will help some of you or at least help your families to understand.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 11th, 2005
Experienced User
Some Other Good Books.
Touched with fire by kay redfield jamison who's bipolar and a professor of psychiatry)
an unquiet mind by kay redfield jamison
the bipolar disorder survival guide david j miklowitz
bipolar disorder demystified by lana r castle (who's bipolar)
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...