Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Feeling a Little Sick :cry:

User Profile
I have been feeling fairly nauseous on and off for three days. One minute I feel sick and then next i'm hungary. It's strange! I should be ovulating any day now. I have been taking ovulation tests (urine type) for a few days now and still no indication that i'm due to ovulate. (i'm currently on day 15 of my cycle). I did have my period starting on august 23. It was very light for the first 1/2 of day and then was medium flow for three days. (i'm usually heavy for the first two days and then medium for about four days. I hardly had any cramps and I usually have very bad cramps for the first two days. I'm wondering if maybe i'm actually pregnant right now. (i would be about six weeks). I'm hpoing! I guess I don't really have any questions, just venting a little. Haha. If anyone had similar experience, please let me know. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2005
Experienced User
My friend is pregnant for the 2nd time, and both times she has had a "last" period while she was actually pregnant, so both times, her dates have been two weeks out (she just had her 20 week scan three days ago, and they've brought her due date up two weeks again)

so it definately can happen. I don't know what her periods are like normally, but I think she did say the ones she had both times she was pregnant were lighter than normal, or not quite normal anyway- but definately not just spotting- proper bleeding where she needed to use pads etc.

Do a hpt, if the "period" was two weeks ago, you should get a pretty reliable result

fingers crossed !!!!!
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks for the reply! I'll keep you posted as to how things go for me!
|

Experienced User
You know, this may seem weird, but thinking back before I even got pregnant my body went through changes. My appetite was tremendous! It was like I was starving all that week even though I had eaten well. That week meaning the week I must have ovulated. It was like somehow my body knew what would come and was preparing for it.

The 2nd week of august should have been when my period was due. The first week of august I had all my normal premenatrsal symptoms: craving chocolate, cramps, face broke out. Due to this I was expecting my period, but I also suspected being pregnant because of the dumb dog. She wouldn't leave me alone. She kept sniffing me and would lay at my feet.

Come 2nd week of august no period. My b-day was aug 10, and I tested aug 11. Positive. Very, very faint, but positive all the same. My tremendous appetite continued through until the 3rd week of august. It has finally leveled out a bit, especially now with the nausea kicking in.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...