Hello out there...

I am holli and am a happily married 23 year old. 2 months ago I had a laparoscopy which showed stage 2 endo, so now my husband and I are desparately ttc. I just wanted to know if someone out there has gotten preg with endo, or are trying like me to get preg with endo...And any advice anyone can give. This would be our first child. Just knowing we are trying to start a family is exciting, I just hope it can happen for us. You all take care...

Thanks
holli
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 9th, 2005
Experienced User
I know this is a dumb question but what exactly is endo?
|

replied September 10th, 2005
Experienced User
Sorry
Endo is short for endometriosis, which is a disease that causes the lining of your uterus to grow outside the uterus, like on your ovaries and intestines and pelvic wall. Every month when you get your period, this extra tissue bleeds inside you, but has nowhere for the blood to go. It ends up causing scar tissue, and can cause infertility. 1 in 20 women have this disease. It causes a lot of cramping, pain during sex, and clotty and painful periods. A lot of women have this and don't find out until they are ttc and can't.

There is your health lesson :)

...Sorry I didn't explain it better in the first post.

Holli
|

replied September 13th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi there...Both my sister and a good friend of mine both had children with endo. My sister needed help (fertility treatments) with her first, but was fine with her second with only clomid (clomiphene or serophene). My friend (who just had her baby the other day) needed no help. Since you just had your surgery, now is a great time to get pregnant. I know you've probably heard this and/or will hear it again....It is absolutely imperative that you relax, enjoy trying. Stress will only make things worse....My sister swears that the key to getting pregnant is all in the orgasm...And we all know it's hard to "o" if we are stressed and not enjoying the moment....Have fun and all the best of luck.

Ps my sister was 32 before she had her first and was diagnosed with endo at 22...So you still have lots of time
|

replied September 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Lesliepei
Thank you so much! Sometimes just a few words of encouragement are enough to brighten everthing just a little bit. I feel confident that we will be able to have a family, and if god doesn't plan for me to have my own bilogical children, then there must be a child out there with my husband's and my name on him/her, because I will be a mother...Maybe god's plan is bigger than what I see and I am supposed to adopt...Who knows? For now I will ttc and go from there...

Thank you again
|

replied March 26th, 2006
I Know What Ya Going Thru!!
My name is mary and im 20.. I have been diagnoised with endo for about 6 years now.. The doctor told me I would have a better chance to concieve a child before I turned 21 or 25.. I have now found the love of my life although we arent married he agrees with tryin to concieve a child together.. Before I met him I wasnt dating anyone so I didnt think about having a child as much as I do now. I took the depo shot to prevent my endo from growing in nov 05.. I had my second surgery in aug 05... My shot ran out in feb 06.. I dont know if it takes a while after that to get out of ur system or not but I really want a child.. We have been tryin since feb.. Nothing has happened yet.. Im so scared but I know the lord will bless me with a child if he wants me to have one. It just hurts because all these gurls that doesnt plan on having kids are having them left and right.. It just really hurts that I want one so bad and havent got pregnant.. Am I being impatience???
|

replied March 27th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: I Know What Ya Going Thru!!
Hi marylouann,
I cant associate with you having endo, but has for the depo shot I can. I am 20, and last year I had 2 depo shots, my last one was in august 05. And me and my husband have been ttc since then. But 2 days ago I had my first af, since coming off depo, which took me 8 months. I was told that I would have to wait upto 18 months by my doctor. But I have heard of some people that have have got pregnant within 3 months of coming of the depo, but even though you show no af while depo is in your system you can still ovalate. So good luck, but the main thing is try not to stress, I know its hard but its the best advice ever. ~~~~baby dust to you~~~~

sorry about going on!!!
|

replied March 30th, 2006
Experienced User
I also have endometrosis and of course the doc did recommend surgury. But I didn't do the surgery. I have been ttc for a 3 years and nothing happened. At the same I also been diagnoise with pcos.

The doc told that that I could still get pregnant. So, don't lose hope cos I am not. And I have 10 years older than you lot....I should be the one to feel discourage. I also believe in mirical.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....