User Profile
Ok I need some imput. It has been 38 days since my last period, I have been tired, viens have started to show on my areola and breasts. Also on my breasts I am starting to get more bumps on the areola. And my tempretaure has been running about 98.7 when my normal is 97.4. Also I have been very emotional lately.

I took a hpt this morning and it came back negative...

How much longer should I wait to call the Dr.? Until it has been at least 2 weeks past my cycle (30 days average)? Or should I call them this week?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 5th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
1wk
I would wait till you are atleast a wk overdue. Then I would go to the dr and get tested.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
It has been 5 weeks yesterday since I had a period. I am taking all precautions (no meds .. Ugh my allergies are terriable) and no alcohol and things of the such. I was wondering how much longer I should wait until I call the Dr. ? Would it hurt me or my potential baby if I wait until I have not had a cycle for 8 weeks?
|

Sorry Confused
Oh I would go now then I am sorry I didnt understand. It would be the best to go on
|

User Profile
replied September 6th, 2005
Experienced User
I'd go now.
Even a home pregnancy test would usually show positive if you are a week late already, but the doctor would be able to do a blood test, which would be sensitive enough for you to know for sure.

Good luck !
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks
I think I will go next week... I'm realy in no hurry and that will put me at over a week past my longest cycle and I would know for sure that something was up. Plus my new insurance plan goes into effect on wensday so I have to wait until at least then. I just wanted to make sure that waiting would not hurt me.

Are these symptoms normal of early pregnancy...?

Tired
lower backache
headaches
mood swongs
very mild cramping.. (almost non exsistant)
acne is worse
blue veins on breasts
bp increase

i would say it was pms but it has been going on for at least 2 weeks now....
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Wishful Thinking
I think all this excitement ... I think it may be wishful thinking. I have not felt ill at all and I can still drink my morning coffee (which I have heard that most women can't stomach coffee when pregnant)... I have had 2 negative urine tests both a week apart. It has been 5 weeks since my last period, but I think I may have psyched my self into missing my period.

I have heard of women psychosimaticaly presented the symptoms of pregnancy and this may be my case... This is scary and deppressing.. I don't know what the heck is going on with my body or mind at this point.
|

Preg
Well that is true some woman do make themselves become late. If you are pregnant I wouldnt be drinking coffe either. But you know what I could still drink it up till I was two months then bam I couldnt stomich it anymore I was like dont even let me smell the stuff. Then when it came time for me to give up soft drinks at first I was really upset and now they it dosnt even faze me.

Good luck thoug!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I called my Dr. Office and left a message for a nurse to call me back... If they want me to come in I will... We shall see.. I hope they call me back today...
|

?
Keep us posted
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Morning Coffee
With my first pregnancy, I kept my morning cofee- right up until I stopped working, and no longer had access to the fabulous brewing machine!!!!!
What's more, I felt yukky only until i'd had it, then i'd be fine, and could eat some toast etc.

I wouldn't rule out pregnacy on the coffee basis !!!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied September 7th, 2005
Experienced User
assena wrote:
i called my Dr. Office and left a message for a nurse to call me back... If they want me to come in I will... We shall see.. I hope they call me back today...

well I talked to the nurse this morning... She told me to wait until the 18th and take a test and call the office back on the 19 and schedule an appointment regardless. If urine test is still neg then I need to get a blood test to see and if I am not pregnant then I need to see what is going on.

I will keep y'all posted....
|

replied September 7th, 2005
?
Please do.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...