Hi there,
i have a question. I had sex with my boyfriend a week after my period ended in august. We had protected sex and he did not cum in the condom. It's been almost a week and I have not gotten my period, so yesterday, I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Now, my 35th day is monday. So, my question is, did I take the pregnancy test in time? [i got the one that said it can detect the pregnancy hormone first, five days before your missed period]. Tomorrow will be my 35th day and if I don't get my period by tomorrow i'm going to take the other pregnancy test on wednesday is that an accurate time? I've read so many things online that say to wait to take a test, and others say that the tests are right. Basically, i'm really confused. I just want to know if it was the right time to take the test and if it was accurate, if wednesday is an accurate time to take the next test, and if my delayed period could be anything else but pregnancy since there is a huge doubt in my mind that i'm pregnant. Thank you for taking the time to read this and answer it.
Thank you,
kristina

ps. I have all the regular period "symptoms" sore breasts, discharge, bloating, headaches etc...

Pps. No worries everyone! I got my period the 37th day! Thank you for all your help!

Last edited by krissypixie on September 7th, 2005 06:39 PM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2005
Supporter
Hum.. Im no expert, but I think you should take it like 2 weeks after the day you think you conceived cuz otherwise it may just be to early in the pregnacy to know if you are or not.. Im going threw the same stuff hunny. I feel all the same things and I dont think im preggo.
|

Experienced User
Sometimes, a woman's body doesn't detect the hcg hormone enough to have it detected through a home pregnancy test. Your best bet is to go to the doctor. What the doctor can do, is give you a blood test. This test is extremely accurate in pronouncing pregnancy. This test measures for hcg too, except it is getting it from the blood stream. This test is so accurate, in fact, it can tell you how far along you are by the measure of the hcg hormone.

If anything else, you should go to your doctor to make sure there isn't anything else wrong. To not have your period for this long, you need medical attention.
|

Re: Please Help!
krissypixie wrote:
hi there,
i have a question. I had sex with my boyfriend a week after my period ended in august. We had protected sex and he did not cum in the condom. It's been almost a week and I have not gotten my period, so yesterday, I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Now, my 35th day is monday. So, my question is, did I take the pregnancy test in time? [i got the one that said it can detect the pregnancy hormone first, five days before your missed period]. Tomorrow will be my 35th day and if I don't get my period by tomorrow i'm going to take the other pregnancy test on wednesday is that an accurate time? I've read so many things online that say to wait to take a test, and others say that the tests are right. Basically, i'm really confused. I just want to know if it was the right time to take the test and if it was accurate, if wednesday is an accurate time to take the next test, and if my delayed period could be anything else but pregnancy since there is a huge doubt in my mind that i'm pregnant. Thank you for taking the time to read this and answer it.
Thank you,
kristina

ps. I have all the regular period "symptoms" sore breasts, discharge, bloating, headaches etc...

hi my freind had the same problem she took 5 tests be for it sed she was pregnant she is due in december and me myself is pregnant and due in december but the first test I took was positive if I was you I would just keep takeing them if they are still negative go to your gp and he has to keep it conferdetial so no one else wil no good luk any way and add me 2 msn if u have it or email me back thanx bye xxxx
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...