Why would god let bad things happen to my family... I know we arent the most devote people ever... But we're good people.

Why does god let there be drugs in the world... My 2 oldest sisters are on drugs and they are just.......Bring my !**@! family down with them. The rest of my family isnt on drugs but there problems are really just bringing us down.

Lately, especially, I have found myself more devote to god. And I love him, dont get me wrong, nothing would change that...But why would he challenge us by making us go $15,000 into debt? By having our cars taken away b/c my dad had to miss one or 2 payments recently just to help pay down the dept.

My sisters are !**@! my life and the life of my family up......I pray to go but sometimes (and I really hate saying this) it seems like he doesnt want to take my calls :( ..... Wow that doesnt feel good to say either...

It comes down to my sisters and my mom, and how she lets them walk all over her. They drain her of $100's a week b/c nither of them have worked in 2 years nor there boyfriends and have there own places and a drug problem and my mom refuses to cut them off. She really doesnt see that they are beyond help.... People reach a point where theyve done something for 15 years of there life and they dont want to be helped, that they arent going to get help, you know what I mean ?

What can I seriously do to really try to get my mom just to cut them off, to write them off, and to never talk to them again?

All my sisters do is deny it. My next-oldest sister has smoked since she was 15, I have caught her with a cigratte in her mouth.. My dad has too and she still denys it. I caught her just last month. Shes a !**@! 26 year old and just is in to deep.

The shitty stuff both of them have done to my dad is just unreal. My dad collected the state quaters and had a $1000+ collection worth and she just !**@! stole every one of them.....

\
seriously, what the hell can I do ?
Also, I would love this to be answered... Finance wise would it be easier on my dad if I moved out and got my own place or I stayed and paid a few of them bills. I mean how much money, on avg, would a 22 year old consume living here?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
"why would god let bad things happen to my family... I know we arent the most devote people ever... But we're good people"

god works in strange ways, he permits bad things to happen to bring about a greater good, take for example the united states, he allowed 9/11 and the recent flooding. America although a vast christian country, there are powers that be that are trying to destroy christianity, hollywood, the media, and there has been a massive disregard for christian values for a long time, god permits these things to purify and bring the nation closer to him.

Perhaps god (who dosnt cause these bad things) who permits these bad things hopes they will bring you and your family closer to him. God dosnt want us to suffer but when he looks down upon a family who is sufferiing and praying for other people and his family on earth he sees a perfect image of his son on the cross, making your prayers much more valuable.

We all suffer, christ who is god suffered, but we are not helppless in our sufferings but more powerful, look at the early church it suffered in jeruselem at the hands of the jews and throughout the roman empire at the hands of the romans and other people it has been crucified many times since but it dosnt die, it only grows stronger.

Christs own people were put to death, their children fed to lions, christians crucified and beheaded, these people prayed for an end to it and look, the roman empire collapsed.

These were good people dying at the hands of evil people, they had conqured sin and death in their sufferings and were also helpping christ redeem the world, not that he needs our help, he just allows us to help.

Know that your helpping god redeeme the world, know that god is puryfing you and your family, know that the more pain you suffer the better your reward in your faithfulness.

"lately, especially, I have found myself more devote to god. And I love him"

you see, its true!!

God bless.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
"why would he challenge us by making us go $15,000 into debt? By having our cars taken away b/c my dad had to miss one or 2 payments recently just to help pay down the dept."

when you find something you like, sometimes you feel you need them, sometimes you feel that these things are important, look at it this way by god allowing this to happen he is allowing things to be removed things that prevent you from realising what is important, god, love and family

"i pray to go"

why, you have a job to do.

"it comes down to my sisters and my mom, and how she lets them walk all over her. They drain her of $100's a week b/c nither of them have worked in 2 years nor there boyfriends and have there own places and a drug problem and my mom refuses to cut them off. "

sounds like you have a nice mother, a great mother infact.

"what can I seriously do to really try to get my mom just to cut them off, to write them off, and to never talk to them again?"

no, never stop loving your sisters, always talk to them, learn about god and his love and tell them you love them, god loves them and your family loves them. I do agree its not wise to aid them by funding their habit, your mother needs to stop giving them money and help them in other ways, counciling and more importantly prayer.

"seriously, what the hell can I do ?"

2 things and 2 things only -

1. Learn about christ, I can reccomend some good reading, even send you some books if you like and then bring god to your sisters.

2. Get as close to god as possible and pray for your sisters and ask god that you may help them, ask for wisdom to know how to help them.

God will not abandon you, perhaps he is permiting all this so that you can come closer to him and evangalise your family... Good luck and god bless you and your family.
|

Wow thanks so much :)

well as it turns out, what is happening may be a blessing more than something bad. We were in the hole pretty bad but my dad figured out a solution he doesnt want to have to take but will. I think itll be better in the long run.

Thanks for your kind words
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Getting to Know God
God it is believed gives everyone free will, him preventing bad things happening would not be freedom would it.

He is said to give sufferers strength, and is a mark of his being in things.

I used to be naiive about god, now I know he is very real.

And I believe he will step in at the appropriate time.
|

replied September 30th, 2005
Experienced User
Probably because there is no god... But if there is he's a dead beat dad. So god was for free will when he sent his son to come down here and die(and did judas have free will?) very interesting question, but let's not go there. Drugs are necessary for many people to cope but they always catch up with them, their family, their jobs and social lives. What sucks about drugs is they usually aren't a victimless crime as most people claim because your family always gets down in the mud right with you. Call the cops on your sisters if it's that bad and they really are wrecking all of your lives. Be proactive and act completely selfish if you must. If your parents aren't going to do anything about it, maybe you should. Your sisters don't seem like they give a flying !**@! about you or your parents so the hell with them. You only get one life you might as well stand up for yourself. Hopefully the solution your dad came up with is one that kicks your sisters out of the house. Or sends them to rehab.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....