Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Delayed Post Partum Depression???

I think I am going crazy. Please don't judge me for this. One minute I am so in love with my baby, and the next I catch myself thinking weird stuff. I can almost visualize him being thrown against a wall, and sliding down, and being held underwater gasping of air.

My heart is racing right now, I don't know what to do. I am embarrassed as hell, I cannot tell my husband, he'll think I am a lunatic. Is this normal?

I have tears streaming down my face. I am such a horrible person, I don't deserve this beautiful perfect little person. I really feel like I could do something to him, I am so ashamed.

This only happens at night ( these thoughts)..Or when my husband is away at work.

I didn't think that this would happen to me. I am in a happy marriage, we are very successful, and financially set, and I am thinking like that crazy person who drowned her 5 kids.

I need help immediately!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2005
Tell your husband about the way you feel. Your not a horrible person. Im sure that theres other people who have felt the same way you feel. As long as you dont really do anything to him. Trust, your love for that baby boy wont let you harm him like that. When ever you find yourself being frustrated with what ever he does that makes you feel that way just take a deep breath and look at him, you will see how much you love him and just take him in your arms and let him know he is loved by you. Your his mom, he was under your heart for 40 weeks. Its just a fase and it will pass.:(
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....