Why don't they induce labor when they know your baby is large? My baby is proberly now 9lbs im due sept 10 but who has there baby on there due date not many im already looking at being overdue. I thought they would induce me since the baby was so large but I guess thats not a concern for them. Why?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 1st, 2005
Large Baby
Hi. My son was 9lbs 15 1/2 ounces born ten days after his due date. My son was stuck in the birth canal, and after a very long 4 hours of pushing, they used vaccum suction and forceps to get him out. The thing is that even if your going to have a larger baby, it doesnt mean that you will not be able to get the baby out. My pelvic area is too small which caused my sons head to get stuck. They wont just induce you because every day the baby is in is better. If they had any fears they would induce you. Like I said you might be able to push this baby out in a few pushes or many. The size of the baby does not make the labor any easier, I will tell you that much. So hang in there and dont upset yourself thinking about it. Just remember, no matter how big or small, or how painful, it is worth it! God bless you and good luck :)
|

replied September 1st, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Be Happy!
Dun worry much!

I am pretty sure the docs have a reason not to induce ure baby. I am sure they dun want u or ur baby to suffer in any way. Maybe they want to let the baby arrive naturally instead of forcing him/her out. So hang in there and everything will go fine.

Congrats!
|

replied September 3rd, 2005
You will be fine,the doctor will induce if its needed.Afterall my friend had a 13 pound baby natural.
|

replied September 4th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Wowow!
Hey nikki,

thats a pretty big baby.... How many kilogram is that>?
|

replied September 4th, 2005
I wouldn't worry about it too much. My baby was 6 days overdue and when he was born he was 11 lbs 1 oz! At my 7 month ultrasound he was almost 9 lbs by then! But he was healthy and I had him naturally with no problems.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...