Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Bone Cyst In Distal Tibia of a Child

Hi anyone know about bone cyst? My son who was age nine at the time fractured his left distal tibia. When they xray'd it they said he had some boney cyst so they sent him for an mri....The mri states that its probably a bone cyst with multiple components its fluid filled and possible benign. This cyst is on the inside of his bone. They say it could be an enchondroma. My son is now almost 12 and he is doing much better and he denys any pain. The cyst is said to be 7cm long by 1.8 across
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This is very common benign tumour usually affecting distal ends of long bones. It needs monitoring.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.