I would really like some help/advice from anyone who has had a simular problem to mine. I have been ttc for nearly 16 months after coming off the depo and having been using a ovulation kit for the past 3 months with no joy - I havent had any positive results to show that im ovulating and not sure what to do now! My periods are regular and had no trouble conceving my first child 4 1/2 years ago?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 31st, 2005
Experienced User
Sorry to Hear
Hi hon,
i understand and you're not alone. I'm sure that you've visited a hundred thousand websites about this and did what I do... You come here to talk to real ppl. Some people don't start ovulating for like 18 months... Or that's what i've heard. I really don't know and I hope that isn't the case for either of us. I am also ttc and got off depo 6 months ago. A thousand ppl will tell you to be patient but you know as well as I do that that doesn't work. My husband and I tried for 9 months to get pregnant before I went back to school after my miscarriage and no pos hpt, but we were drinking heavily. I want to tell every woman who's using alcohol to calm themselves while ttc that it just makes things worse. I'm sure that's the reason we didn't get pregnant, but I guess it was for the best.
Good luck.
|

replied September 1st, 2005
Im sorry to hear about your loss.
Yeah that is the exact reason why I ended up on here! And yeah I have searched so many websites but like you say most of them just tell you to be patient, eat healthy blah blah!! Im sick of doing that now!! Im finding it really hard as quite a few of my friends/family are pregnant or just had babies and they all started trying after me!!!
Wishing you all the luck for the future!
|

replied September 12th, 2005
Depo
I call it the devil I have the depo shot for 2 years. And after that I am in my 2nd yer of fertility treatments see your doctor he can put you on hormons to kick the ovulating into gear.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....