Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Abortion At 37 Weeks? (Page 2)


August 16th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Down children can have serious physical issues. My best friend had a Down child who had a heart defect. He died at age 4 or 5 and she had a nervous breakdown. Guess what? She's very much pro choice even though she herself would never abort.

I seriously question whether the situation in the OP even happened. If someone is going to have genetic testing done, they do it long before 37 weeks.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 13th, 2012
Experienced User
my sister is 29 nearly 30 and has downs!! she is perfectly fine, a very special unique human being, so precious! i thank god for special people like my sister, and i thank my mum for giving her a chance at life, everyone deserves a chance at life always! i dont condone abortions at any stages, i see it as murder! a fetus (Latin word for baby) has heartbeat,what gives anyone the right to stop that when yours is still beating away?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank clbernadetteh for this post: juillet 

replied September 15th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
what gives anyone the right to stop that when yours is still beating away?

The fact it relies entirely on your body for survival? The fact you have the right to remove it if you don't wish to gestate?

It's great your sister has a good life and it's wonderful your mother made the choice which was right for her. Many people cannot cope with a child with abnormalities and may choose to abort - also great they have the choice (heartbreaking as it may be.) Just because your family have adjusted and coped with Downs doesn't mean every family will. You don't know these women who choose to abort, you don't know their circumstances. To think you know better is pretty arrogant to be honest.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank Moo for this post: msrosie 

replied September 15th, 2012
Experienced User
how can you say killing a unborn baby is okay? everyone deserves a chance at life! i never said i knew better but i certainly know that abortion is murder and i will always stand up to life! i dont agree with abortion in nay cases at all, i even know someone with spin bifida..what a amazing man he is, point is my friend this baby is a life its not a choice its a child
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 16th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Murder is the illegal killing of a person by a person. The unborn are not persons and even if they were, abortion, where legal, cannot be murder. Anti choicers do themselves no favours when they misuse words like this.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 16th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
how can you say killing a unborn baby is okay?

I can say it because I believe it. Abortion, however you wish to phrase it, is something the woman can decide only. I have no problem with removing an embryo/foetus from the body.


clbernadetteh wrote:
everyone deserves a chance at life! i never said i knew better but i certainly know that abortion is murder and i will always stand up to life! i dont agree with abortion in nay cases at all, i even know someone with spin bifida..what a amazing man he is, point is my friend this baby is a life its not a choice its a child

Human foetuses deserve a chance of life when the woman decides upon it. If you believe this isn't true then that is stating you know better than the women in these situations.

If you don't agree with abortion then that is fine - we all have opinions and that is yours. Mine is different.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 16th, 2012
Experienced User
again moo a child is not a choice! what about there baby s rights! research more it is a living baby in the womb with a heartbeat!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Having a heartbeat does not guarantee something a right to life. The cow in your freezer had a heartbeat and should have had more of a right to life than any unborn entity, human or not.

Fetuses do not and should not have rights that override a woman's right to refuse to be used as a gestation machine.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 16th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
i dont agree with abortion in nay cases at all

What about ectopic pregnancy? Neither the woman or the embryo/foetus will survive so wouldn't it be logical to save the woman by terminating the pregnancy? What about in cases where the woman will die because of the pregnancy? The foetus will not survive pregnancy or birth? should the woman not be able to make the decision to end it instead of going though pregnancy to deliver a dead foetus/watch it die soon after birth?

What about where a woman is so desperate not to be pregnant they will do anything to remove it, including killing themselves? It is possible for people to not wish to be pregnant that much you realise?

With my first pregnancy I would have sought to remove it even if it hadn't been legal. Obviously that was a situation you wouldn't agree with - a touch of HG and it not being the right time - but there was no way I wanted to be pregnant. I was in no position to have a child and had I not aborted I wouldn't have the child I do. Depression about being pregnant wont just go away as the pregnancy progresses. For some it might, others it wont. Why would abortion not be an option if the woman had no moral objections to it?

You may not find justification for abortion because you believe that embryos are precious. that is fine, I respect that. My opinion isn't vile because I don't believe that pregnancy is a gift from God.

Making the decision to abort isn't always easy. I had one earlier this year and it wasn't an easy decision. My doctor, husband and myself felt it was the best decision going forward for my family (several reasons.) I have a child, I know what pregnancy, birth and parenting entails. I know that my child was once an embryo, then a foetus. I'm not ill-informed, I am simply aware of human biology so I am very aware of the developmental stage I was at (as I was when I first terminated.) I don't regret it. I regret being in the position where I had to make the choice (I'd rather have not had to spend the money and take time off work for it) but I don't regret actually terminating the pregnancy.

Women abort from all walks of life, it isn't only people who have no idea what they're doing. I'm a married, 30-something professional who, shock horror, does go to church. I still have no objections to abortion, obviously.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank Moo for this post: msrosie 

replied September 16th, 2012
Experienced User
a ectopic pregnancy always ends in a miscarriage a natural progression!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 16th, 2012
Experienced User
i dont agree with murder in any cases! i stand for all walk of human life! --this is my opinion-- and i trust in god!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 16th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
juillet wrote:
However, just because something is legal doesn't mean it is right.

Just because you say abortion is murder doesn't mean it is. The law states otherwise so the observation is simply that when people state 'abortion is murder' they are incorrect.

Whether abortion is 'right' or not is totally subjective. If you don't think it is then don't have one, the contents of other women's uterus's has nothing to do with anyone other than the woman Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 16th, 2012
Experienced User
the law is not always right, i put my trust in god for he is my savior! all government is corrupt whatever way you look at it!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 17th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
a ectopic pregnancy always ends in a miscarriage a natural progression!

Well no, it doesn't. It can rupture the fallopian tubes and cause life threatening injuries to the women should they not remove it when it is discovered. Or did my sister imagine that her ectopic pregnancy needed medical intervention? Hers certainly didn't end in a miscarriage.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 20th, 2012
Experienced User
after researching i believe the catholic church allows removal of the fetus in the fallopian tubes seeing as it inst in the womb, but they dont and GOD doesn't agree with abortion in any cases......
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
after researching i believe the catholic church allows removal of the fetus in the fallopian tubes seeing as it inst in the womb, but they dont and GOD doesn't agree with abortion in any cases......

So God would rather the woman dies, even when the embryo has no chance of survival, when she could easily be saved? I don't think so. I go to church, you're not the authority on what Christians believe.

Seriously, to suggest women should die because of an ectopic pregnancy is barbaric. Nothing pro-life about it whatsoever.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank Moo for this post: msrosie 

replied September 21st, 2012
Experienced User
did you not hear me the catholic church allows removal of the fetus if its in the fallopian tubes! which would indeed save the woman's life! i never said i was the authority! im telling you what Catholics/God believe i have no idea what your religion is thats your business, im against abortion always will be
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 22nd, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
im telling you what Catholics/God believe i have no idea what your religion is thats your business, im against abortion always will be

You don't need to tell me what Catholics believe Wink Oh, but I am happy with the idea of abortion (and sex before marriage and homosexuality) - I'm not the only one in my congregation either.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 23rd, 2012
Experienced User
well i,m sure its not a catholic one if it is then well thats strange!.. because were are against all the things you listed...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 23rd, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
well i,m sure its not a catholic one if it is then well thats strange!.. because were are against all the things you listed...

Pretty certain that being raised catholic, attending a catholic church, having been baptised and first holy communion in a catholic church, marrying in a catholic church, believing in Jesus and so on would qualify me as a catholic.

Not all catholics are crazy pro-life, no sex before marriage, homosexual bashing people. Your 'strange' doesn't mean it is for everyone. Ever heard of Catholics for Choice? It's not just something that is believed in Washington.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank Moo for this post: msrosie 

replied September 23rd, 2012
Experienced User
yeah Ive heard of it...doesn't mean its right though,the bible clearly states the things you listed as a abomination I'm sure your faith is strong I'm not questioning that, but one day everyone will see there state of the soul..then there will be change.. eventually peace on earth, bashing people "crazy pro life" thats a very unholy thing to say! well lucky I'm in Australia then, I'm sorry but Catholic for choice is the most silly thing I've ever heard!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 24th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
yeah Ive heard of it...doesn't mean its right though,the bible clearly states the things you listed as a abomination I'm sure your faith is strong I'm not questioning that, but one day everyone will see there state of the soul..then there will be change.. eventually peace on earth, bashing people "crazy pro life" thats a very unholy thing to say! well lucky I'm in Australia then, I'm sorry but Catholic for choice is the most silly thing I've ever heard!

Your 'right' isn't universal. You have no more authority about what is the 'right' belief of a Christian to any other. I am aware of what the bible states on the above issues, I'm aware of the traditionalist point of view. One thing which often gives religion a bad name is that people are reluctant for it to evolve. You may think it's the most silly thing you have heard (personally i believe that stating you would die and leave your family without a mother even when termination would save that is considerably more 'silly', but hey ho.)

I'm not in America. The beliefs Catholics for Choice holds are not just limited to the USA - happens everywhere!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 26th, 2012
Experienced User
hmm sure okay! what ever makes you happy... god bless.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 27th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
hmm sure okay! what ever makes you happy... god bless.

Traditional Catholicism isn't an automatic truth. If you believe it then "whatever makes you happy" but it would be Christian of you to accept that other beliefs aren't automatically discounted from being what is true.

If you honestly believe in a god who would rather women died than end a pregnancy, would rather children were born in pain only to die shortly after birth then that is your choice. Others disagreeing does not mean we're wrong (or that priests who believe otherwise aren't 'true'.)
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 29th, 2012
Experienced User
yes it is true in my opinion and Gods word!! i'm not going to accept things that offend God! i would rather try to please him by doing good and standing up for life they way it was designed. (not true priests sorry!)
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 29th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Show me where in the Bible it is prohibited for a woman to terminate her own pregnancy ...chapter and verse, please.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank msrosie for this post: Moo 

replied September 29th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
yes it is true in my opinion and Gods word!! i'm not going to accept things that offend God! i would rather try to please him by doing good and standing up for life they way it was designed. (not true priests sorry!)

How are you standing up for life? By believing women are vessels to reproduce in an already over populated world?

How dare you state that priests (who have been called into the church) are not true, what an arrogant thing to say!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 18th, 2012
Experienced User
not all priests are truthful its a very sad truth,but we do have some brilliant ones to! its the same as the true church and the black church of the catholic faith! the truth hurts! its not arrogant at all, infact my priest would agree with me

its not over populated, its a load of poop! god would never what new life to stop! why do you think different? why offend gods truth? he knows best!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 28th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
not all priests are truthful its a very sad truth,but we do have some brilliant ones to! its the same as the true church and the black church of the catholic faith! the truth hurts! its not arrogant at all, infact my priest would agree with me

its not over populated, its a load of poop! god would never what new life to stop! why do you think different? why offend gods truth? he knows best!

of course your priest would agree with you, he's obviously a traditional catholic. What exactly does that prove? My priest would agree with me. You don't think he's true, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care (given he's been called and all.)

Truth doesn't hurt. I don't care what you think, it doesn't hurt or offend me.

yes, the world is over populated. have we got the natural resources to support people indefinitely? No.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied October 28th, 2012
Experienced User
keep telling yourself that i will keep you in my prayers you cant change the catholic faith it is and will always be the same.

a untrue statement about the population also..
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 1st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
So catholics can do whatever they are told by their pope. It has abolutely no importance to the rest of the world, and the opinions of catholics are completely irrelevant to anyone else.

If you have a reasonable argument to make (ie not "my religion says so"), please do join in. Otherwise you are pissing into the wind!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 1st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Please take me out of your prayers.

Faith and the church evolves. If you want to hang on to the old traditions then good for you, others are happy living in the 21st century.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 1st, 2012
Experienced User
of course you are!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 2nd, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Of course I am happy living in the current century? Your point?

I am very happy that women have choices in life other than staying at home and becoming a mother time and time again. I am happy there are birth control choices available for women to control their reproductive organs. I am happy women can choose abortion should they wish, that people can be with the person they love, regardless of gender and that the vast majority of people accept these things.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
12